8 Table Manners Every Kid Should Know By Age 8

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Number 6 is especially challenging for my boys, but we're working on it!

Click HERE to read the article!

I still don't do 3 (fork only) and I'd never ever do number 7! XD

Really good. I agree with it all. Some have happened naturally for us (saying please and thank you, good conversations) but some definitely need work (napkins and holding forks etc correctly).
I wholeheartedly agree with teaching them the correct way of dealing with food they don't like. It's awful for the host to be faced with 'ew I don't like that' when they've been told the child eats anything. When my eldest is out at friends he's expected to eat everything he has on his plate or if the food is in dishes to be got themselves, to polity decline an item.

Really good. I agree with it all. Some have happened naturally for us (saying please and thank you, good conversations) but some definitely need work (napkins and holding forks etc correctly).
I wholeheartedly agree with teaching them the correct way of dealing with food they don't like. It's awful for the host to be faced with 'ew I don't like that' when they've been told the child eats anything. When my eldest is out at friends he's expected to eat everything he has on his plate or if the food is in dishes to be got themselves, to polity decline an item.

I agree with this too, it is incredibly rude to be greeted with that's disgusting or whatever when you or someone else has spent time making something. I wouldn't want my kids to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->