8 weeks pregnant and weaker than ever

AlyssaDeVaul

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm only 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant but my body is so weak I can barely stand. They say it's bad to take baths and that it can cause birth defects but I simply just cannot stand in the shower.
-My body's too weak to stand.
-I can't eat anything without throwing it up.
-I can't take my prenatal vitamins because they always come right back up.

I've been experiencing horrible constipation and pelvic/stomach pains.

I was just hoping someone else can relate and let me know that it's most likely going to be okay and my baby will be healthy and fine because as of right now it feels like my body is breaking down to nothing.

Have you spoken to your GP or midwife? I really think you should as there is probably something they can do to help. Honestly, I urge you to get help. Good luck x

It could be anaemia. I say this as I suspect I have it. I can't do anything, I can hardly walk, I sleep all night and have huge naps in the day and I feel really unwell. I feel short of breath too and get palpitations. Not to mention the same bowel issues as you mentioned above. I have 3 kids already and never felt this weak or poorly.

I have also been palmed off by the midwife who doesn't want to see me till the 30th Nov when I will be almost 13 weeks! The appt is days before my 12 week scan.

Yesterday I felt so ill I forced myself to the drs and the nurse reluctantly ordered bloods to test for anaemia all the while telling me it's the midwife's job not hers. Mmmm tell me something I don't know!!

I would recommend you get checked out too, it's normal to feel crap when pregnant but not normal to be non functional. Keep us updated!

Also, the baby will be ok, it takes what it needs. It is you that will suffer.

Okay two things, firstly your baby is okay, it takes all of its nutrients from your stores, you are suffering but your baby will manage.
Secondly you NEED to go get help, it is not a normal or acceptable level of sickness to not be able to eat, hydrate or take your vitamins hunny. It's so so important that you get checked out and hopefully get some medication that will allow you to eat. Look up hyperemesis gravidarum.
Taking medication so you can give yourself nutrition, hydration and vitamins is far better for you and baby than not taking anything and suffering.
I don't know what country you're in but either call your ob or early pregnancy unit (epu) at the hospital, tell them you can't keep anything down and you're getting extremely weak and they'll help make you better.

Bless your heart darling, you deserve to enjoy this, don't suffer in silence. Xx

Oh also wherever you heard that you can't have baths it's total bull, it has no link to birth defects! Just don't have them too hot and it's absolutely fine. I'm studying midwifery hunny x

Baths are perfectly fine. Just don't make them too hot.
But like others have said, you need to get checked out.

First tri was hell for me both times, but it definitely sounds like you should be checked out. I promise, a bath isn't going to hurt baby just make sure it's not too hot, your skin shouldn't go pink or anything. I've had baths the whole time both times, kept forgetting my vitamins (oops) and had anemia with DD, she's a healthy nearly 5 year old and this LO is cooking beautifully, I saw him on the scan yesterday kicking at the sonographer! Please don't worry about your bean, just get yourself sorted :hugs:

I haven't read the other responses so sorry if I echo what others have said (didn't want to read and run) but it's very possible you are dehydrated and that's why you feel so weak. It might be worthwhile going to the hospital for fluids.

If you are vomiting constantly it could be hyperemesis gravidarum which you definitely will need help for. The other option is your Dr can prescribe tablets to stop the nausea/vomiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->