8wks sudden major cramping.... :(

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Why am I having such bad cramping suddenly at 8 wks, it comes and goes and feels almost like a strong contraction or like "poop" cramps.....but I don't have to go :/ and I have been very regular...... Could I be dehydrated? Or could this mean something bad? How bad is bad enough to call your dr?

Hey hun, I've experienced cramping throughout this pregnancy, but it's been mild. I just assume this is my body adjusting to the baby/ my uterus expanding etc. Unless the cramping is accompanied by red bleeding, I wouldn't worry. There are so many changes going on in your body right now, cramping is likely to be a direct effect of this. Don't worry! xx

Hello, I've had cramping on and off. Think its uterus stretching and gas pains. Probably where tubes are moving slightly to make room for the growing bubba. It was so uncomfortable one day that I thought it could be something bad. But then that night I farted up a storm and was ok again :blush: As long as they aren't unbearable and there is no bleeding I'm sure you're fine :hugs:

Some days I have had cramping on and off- one day I had it so bad, I thought I was going to miscarry. But that was about 4-5 weeks ago. Baby is fine :) Good luck! I hope it's the same for you!

Thanks ladies I appreciate the input..... I had some very light spotting the night before and lots of major cramps last night .... I was so worried, today the cramps let up and no more spotting. Im extremely sick and trying to get fluids down but water makes me more sick. I think it's dehydration... Need to load up on electrolytes. I went into preterm labor at 28 wks with my last because of dehydration :( luckily they were able to stop it and he was ok.... But that's what these cramps felt like :( and I'm only 8 wks

^^^ I was literally in the same boat at 8w this time! Same with my son as with your last baby- preterm labour at 28w. The cramps felt the same. At 8w with this one I had spotting as well. As with yours, mine stopped eventually. I have horrible ms this time around. I was nauseated and not eating a lot. Dehydration makes sense!! I still have some cramping in the early afternoon once I have puked a few times. Perhaps your body is going to go through something similar to mine. Again, best of luck!!!

Princess mommy I agree! We really do have identical pregnancies with the last one and this one..... I defiantly think this is what's happening :( can the 2nd tri come any slower? I feel like these weeks are dragging.... I'm so sick I can't keep busy to help time fly by...... Do you have any drinks that settle ur stomach or stay down? Water is my enemy..... Coke eases the nausea but more than a small glass makes me sick too...lactose intolerant so milk is a no no. ..... Juice seems soooo sweet to me

Yes! Coke was the only thing I could drink. I switched to sprite once I could handle it. I did suck on lollipops a lot to ease my nausea. Anything that was sweet I could suck on worked. Have you tried fruit water? Cut your favorite fruit up and let it sit in a pitcher of water for like 20-30 min and try drinking that?? Sounds silly but maybe make koolaid or koolaid ice cubes?

Jello with fruit in it also helped me (water is in the jello and fruit) I'm all health nutty now so I normally don't eat half of these things. But when your body gives you no choice, you gotta eat whatever you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->