8yr old growing up too fast! Puberty already!

cooper2010

Reaction score
Tonight, my daughter came to me with a concern. A long hair "coming out of her pee". I thought she just had a hair stuck in a skin fold, BUT it was pubic hair. It is about an inch long and she noticed it because it sticks straight out! She wanted to pull it out or cut it and I tried to explain that we just will leave it alone and over time there will be more. I had to have a brief puberty talk with her. Last month at her check up her doctor told me girls are going through puerty a lot earlier these days...and I guess she was right.

I think I was closer to 10 when I needed a training bra, and started to notice hair. Is anyone elses young daughter going through this a bit early?

Well I don't have a daughter but yes girls are going through puperty earlier. They think it is because of all the hormones that we are exposed to within drinking water, milk, etc.

Oh my daughter is nearly 10 and is showing no signs yet. But she is very thin and small for her age so I dont think she will hit puberty for another few years yet! I was 12 before I started wearing a bra or got my period or anything so id say she will take after me.
My friends little one is 8 and she said to her mam the other night that her chest was really paining her, and my friend was telling me she has little buds now where her breasts will be, and they were hurting her! So she too had to sit down with her and explain what we women go through. So yes I think puberty is hitting younger these days, I feel sorry for the poor kids that have to go through it at such an early age.. Maybe get your daughter a little book that she can read in plain and simple terms the go through it with her if there are things she doesnt understand. So at least if she does start hitting puberty soon she wont be as frightened ! I was terrified when I got my period at 12, thought I was dying :haha: because back then things werent really discussed openly! haha
Good luck hun x

Unfortunately, it's very common these days. My SD started the "hormonal" stage around 10yrs old... it got pretty bad about 6mos before her period started. At age 12... I was 13 with mine... so not that far off... but she was on the late side compared to all her friends. Some even started at 10yrs of age! Yikes... seems too young to deal with all that!!! I really think all the hormones in the food/milk etc play a role.

Good you explained it to her and told her it was natural and normal. I'm sure more questions will come in time :) Best of luck!!!

I started getting boobs and hair and got my period just before I turned10. I was horrified because I was so young. Make sure you explain to her what's going on, she might be scared like I was. It was so hard on me I didn't tell anyone, my mom found out while doing my laundry. Lol

my daughter went through puperty at 10 she has periods 2 shie is 11 now and looks so grown up. my other daughter was 11 when she started her periods.

my daughter is 11 started her periods at 10 wanted everyone to know as she feels really grown up, so scary, at that age i was still playing with dolls! xx

I have boys, I always thought girl went thru it sooner than boys. IDK my 12 year old has had hair down there for 2 year it just started turning dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 9 year old boy has light hair down there but he has Down Syndrome too. I think that may be why he is getting is so young!

Sniff Sniff our babies are growing up!!!!

My daughter is 10 and has been in a bra for about 18 months she is now a 34B! She has the most hairiest "lady garden" (sorry !!) and also has very hairy underarms. We took her to the docs and he said she has developed very early. Her periods started last month as well.

She is in a size 8 clothes and is a beautiful shapely girl im so worried about when she goes to senior school even the senior school boys who walk past her school stare at her its so scary !

YIKES!!!! My daughter will be 10 in a few weeks.....guess I better get on the ball talking to her. I thought maybe I'd have a few more years but it sounds like maybe not.

My daughter is 8 next month and I have already started to notice a change in the chest area. So scary how quickly she is growing up.

My daughter is 10 and has been in a bra for about 18 months she is now a 34B! She has the most hairiest "lady garden" (sorry !!) and also has very hairy underarms. We took her to the docs and he said she has developed very early. Her periods started last month as well.

She is in a size 8 clothes and is a beautiful shapely girl im so worried about when she goes to senior school even the senior school boys who walk past her school stare at her its so scary !

^^^ sounds exactly like my younger sister. senior school boys (12/13/14) year olds wolf whistle her (obviously they mean no harm) and i'm just like argh! she's JUST turned 10 fgs!

I have a 12 year old (soon to be 13 year old) sister and she started first getting pubes at by 9 she had a full, um, garden (?) and she had hair under her arm pits/legs. She started her periods just before she turned 12 and has rather large boobies!!!

Girls are developing younger and younger these days, i don't remember getting hair until i was like 11/12!! 8 seems far too young for these girls to have to deal with these things.

I'm 22 and I got my first period at 11. So I guess these things are happening younger and younger. My mom was 15 when she got hers! :shrug:

I am so thankful for all of the support. I posted in my pregnancy forum as well and found a bunch of ladies who developed early.

I talked to my daughter about it a bit and she seems kind of comfortable with it. I don't think she is old enough to care at this point. Hopefully I have a lot more time before the period comes. I will be watching her chest also, making sure she has been wearing an under shirt everywhere. I have been in search of a good book, but there are no good ones for real young girls so I thought I would make my own.

My daughter is nearlly 9 and i already noticed some breast budding! I think i was much older when this happened, it is scary. I hope her periods hold off for a few more years yet.

I'm dreading this with my daughter, I was 10 when I started my periods, think everything sort of came around the same time and I have a feeling my daughter will be early. She sweats quite a bit, already has fairly hairy legs and I'm sure she gets hormonal mood swings!!! She is petrified of blood so hoping she gets time to grow out of that before the periods arrive (she's only 5!!).

This is scary! My SD is 7, 8 this November, so I supposed I'm going to have to have a talk with her soon! God knows her bio-mom won't do it........ :growlmad:

My son is 9 and started getting spots on his nose, dad asked joking any hairs below, and he went to check and came down saying yes i have hairs below lol, cant believe my little boy is growing up so quickly, wierd thing is his twin brother hasnt any signs and there identical.

My 11 year old has hit puberty, all but periods here :/

I was about the same age.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back