8yr old likes skulls

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

my son was bought a top for xmas that had skulls on it, now he has asked if he can have more!

i'm not 100% sure i feel hes old enough to start liking goth/emo type things, BUT i would rather him like these than be out in the street smoking/swearing/fighting like some of the kids of the neighbourhood are. he is happy to be in my house/garden or the neighbours etc, not really bothered about the kids of street.

what are your thoughts? what would you do?

my 5 year old like skulls, he thinks hes a pirate lol!
No harm in wearing it really.

didnt think pirate to be honest, but on that line more than goth with make up etc that could be fine.

Skulls are becoming more and more common. My mother ordered me some cloth diapers for Christmas and 1 of them is a Skull print. Baby and toddler clothes with skulls.

I think it's moved away from being goth to being more punk\rock that kind of thing. Lots of people who used to be alternative teens are now putting skulls, black, bold colors and patterns on their kids.

well he has said he DOESNT want make up/nail varnish as thats for girls!!! (thats 1 good thing). he said he would like a skull on his jeans to go with top so we have found a "not scary/bloody etc" iron on patch on ebay (black skull with silver outline/eyes/nose/mouth) which i have bought. his top is grey with black skull outlines all over it. so they will go nicely.

he said he wants these instead of his cartoony-type tops which can go to middle son. middle son said about a skull top and he got told "No, maybe in 2yrs when your 7 coming 8" he was fine and said "as long as j dont ruin it i can have his top!!!"

we will see what happens.

i dont think it matters, hes just trying to express himself in asking to wear what he likes thats a good thing, id never stop my son wearing anything he wanted if thats how he felt comfortable whats the harm! jesse has loads of clothes with skulls on lol

thanks for replies. i think its bit of a shock as i didnt expect skulls etc until he was abit older. we will see what happens.

my daughter loves skulls, she's 11 but wants skull everything, clothes, lunchbox, school bad anything with skulls on lol she likes rock music too. problem we have is that no other girls around here are like her so she gets picked on quite a bit for being different, i told her id much rather have her different like she is than have her turn out like the mini bitches in her class picking on someone cos they dont like the same things (obviously not in them words lol)

wouldn't worry if your child likes a particular pic on some clothing it wont hurt skull dont automatically mean death and darkness.

my 6yr old boy loves skulls - he thinks he is a rock star (but tbh he is probably the geeky one! haha, love him)
he see's me wearing ac/dc tops, my alexander mcqueen skull scarf so he thinks he is just like me and I am not a goth (well, I loke dark nails but not into the whole black lips/eyes/piercings etc!)
my LO, 7mths has some dribble bibs with skulls on them in black, they are everywhere now x

thanks evveryone. have ordered him few tops n jeans etc.

I love skulls and William has some skull bibs and babygros, if he decides he likes them when he is older I will end up getting him skull everything . Unfortunately he we probably choose to like something I hate, children always go for stuff their parents don't like.

Skulls are wicked! There are worse things he could be into I suppose.. :lol:

my daughter loves skulls, she's 11 but wants skull everything, clothes, lunchbox, school bad anything with skulls on lol she likes rock music too. problem we have is that no other girls around here are like her so she gets picked on quite a bit for being different, i told her id much rather have her different like she is than have her turn out like the mini bitches in her class picking on someone cos they dont like the same things (obviously not in them words lol)

I am definitely in this camp, my kid can wear whatever she wants (and already does to a reasonable extent, I am 110% sure she would dress as special agent oso every day if she had the choice... lol that has just made me have a fit of hysterical laughter, sorry!) and will do when she is older. As long as it's not naked women/men that type of thing, it's ok!

My son is 8 and also loves skulls. He has a bit of a skater/punk rock style going on and I see no harm in him wearing skulls, he is a well mannerd and polite boy and he's not naughty in the slightests, it's just fashion and style and has no mark on who or what they'll end up being. I wouldnt read too much into it, as someone posted earlier, you can get cloith nappies and vests for new babies with them on, its just a bit of fun really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->