9/10 month old new foods..

SonnyH

Reaction score
My daughter is 10 months next week & we weaned at 4.5 months. We’ve taken a mixed approach, always soooned in some food but from 6 months, she’s had a variety of finger foods with her meal as well (often as a little starter & then something for pudding).

Up until a month ago, she was a fab eater. Tried everything. Now we seem to have hit issues :( She will eat things she’s used too, so she loves salmon pasta, bolognaise, chilli, cottage pie, cauliflower cheese, fish pie (all spooned in) and finger food wise she’s obsessed with cream crackers topped with avocado or peanut butter. She’ll also eat toast, broccoli & the baby wafer/rice cake things you can buy.

But she will not even entertain a new food. I’ve tried everything from cucumber to banana, spaghetti, fish fingers, potato wedges but she just throws it off her tray instantly..

I’m a bit of a loss as to how to help her try new things? When we go out, all her baby friends eat little kids meals or sandwiches with their hands & i’m stuck spooning in or giving her a cracker! :-/

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't stress about it too much right now. I found that 9/10 months was a rough time with foods. Mine did blw from 6 months and ate all sorts of things from the start. And then we hit 9 months and she pretty much only ate fruit, yogurt and porridge or porridge balls for about a month. I just carried on offering her things I knew she'd eat and then a few new things from whatever we were eating that day. She didn't really eat any of the new things, but it was fine, I kept offering them. Then one day it was like a switch flipped and she started to try all the new things I was offering. I think the key is to not start limiting things. It sounds like she eats a wide variety of foods already, just keep going and giving new things as you eat them yourself and she'll eventually start trying things again. Even after that rough month of eating about 3 foods, mine went on to be a really adventurous eater and has pretty much never been picky. She's 5 now.

My daughter is 10 months next week & we weaned at 4.5 months. We’ve taken a mixed approach, always soooned in some food but from 6 months, she’s had a variety of finger foods with her meal as well (often as a little starter & then something for pudding).

Up until a month ago, she was a fab eater. Tried everything. Now we seem to have hit issues :( She will eat things she’s used too, so she loves salmon pasta, bolognaise, chilli, cottage pie, cauliflower cheese, fish pie (all spooned in) and finger food wise she’s obsessed with cream crackers topped with avocado or peanut butter. She’ll also eat toast, broccoli & the baby wafer/rice cake things you can buy.

But she will not even entertain a new food. I’ve tried everything from cucumber to banana, spaghetti, fish fingers, potato wedges but she just throws it off her tray instantly..

I’m a bit of a loss as to how to help her try new things? When we go out, all her baby friends eat little kids meals or sandwiches with their hands & i’m stuck spooning in or giving her a cracker! :-/

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance!
Try to give grinded foods to your baby.
Paste the meals well.

I wouldn't stress about it too much right now. I found that 9/10 months was a rough time with foods. Mine did blw from 6 months and ate all sorts of things from the start. And then we hit 9 months and she pretty much only ate fruit, yogurt and porridge or porridge balls for about a month. I just carried on offering her things I knew she'd eat and then a few new things from whatever we were eating that day. She didn't really eat any of the new things, but it was fine, I kept offering them. Then one day it was like a switch flipped and she started to try all the new things I was offering. I think the key is to not start limiting things. It sounds like she eats a wide variety of foods already, just keep going and giving new things as you eat them yourself and she'll eventually start trying things again. Even after that rough month of eating about 3 foods, mine went on to be a really adventurous eater and has pretty much never been picky. She's 5 now.

Home birthing needs a lot of care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->