9.5 week ultrasound picture - normal? Nervous, opinions please

SaraSmiles13

Reaction score
So I had an ultrasound done at 9.5 weeks and I'm wondering why my womb is so large. There is a lot of black space.. I'm also a little worried that there is so much room behind baby's back. All other pics I've seen at 9.5 weeks from other people slow baby on his back at the edge of the womb and not a ton of extra black space. My baby seems upside down? I'm havinga nuchal translucency scan next week and I know they measure the empty space behind baby's neck. That's why I'm wondering if my baby should be more on the bottom of the womb in this picture? Any insight or reassuranc? Thanks ladies!

Attachments

• 20140714_164420.jpg
    20140714_164420.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 45
To me it looks fine! At this stage baby has a lot of spare space, all my early scans have had lots of black. They're so tiny there's not much else to see xx

I agree there
Is a lot of space compared to what ive seen but ive also seen scans look like
Yours before and be fine x

I've attached my scan picture from 9 weeks 1 day, mine looks pretty much the same as yours. I hope that helps your worries a bit? :hugs:

Edit: for some reason it's posted the picture to the side. The baby is at the top on mine too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
Looks totally normal to me. :thumbup:

By the way, the nuchal scan is not measuring all of that black you see below your baby. If you google nuchal translucency and look at images, you will see that there is a narrow little line of fluid behind the neck but part of the actual baby. Like between the skin and what is becoming the spine. It's not part of the sac, it's part of the baby, if that makes sense. :)

Mine looked like that with my 12 week scan with this one. Different to my last one where there was hardly any black!

when they do the scan they magnify and zoom in so to speak on the baby so you don`t normally see so much of the space around it :) don`t worry your picture looks perfect xx

Scan pic looks fine to me hun. As someone has mentioned when checking the nuchal fold its the bit between babies skin and spine and not outside of the body. x

Looks absolutely normal. Baby doesn't have to be "lying at the bottom" either, they move a LOT and can be anywhere. The bottom on the scan doesn't mean the bottom of your uterus anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->