9 dpo BFP! why do I feel this way?

Ortegapg1

Reaction score
Today I am 10 dpo and I got my first bfp at 9dpo. It's still a lighter bfp but I have taken 5 tests because I still can't believe it. Why don't I feel excited? I have been trying for 13 months of ttc our first and each month was a disappointment but now I finally have it! I haven't expressed happiness or cried like I thought I would. Is it because I feel like it's still too early and too good to be true? Or because I'm waiting for my period to happen? Or because I don't feel one symptom and most months I have every one in the book. Af isn't due for 4 more days. I just feel scared. I am planning to tell dh on valentines day, we have both been waiting for this for a long time.

Has anyone ever felt this way?

Totally normal, I feel like. I TTC both my pregnancies took almost a year, and I'm pregnant withy secound and it took a year, and when I found out I just wasn't excited. Looking back it was deff because we had tired so long , it just seemed too good to be true and I couldn't let myself be happy and was convinced something would go wrong. Btw I found out early like you. But, now I'm 8 weeks and I feel much better, still not very excited, but that's due to terrible all day sickness and not feeling like myself. Give it time and you'll feel that rush of excitement. Probably more so when you share the news with your husband and go see the doc for the first time. Congratulations!!!

You know with my first baby it took almost 5 years to conceive her. When I finally found out I was pregnant, I did the same thing as you. All this time I had no problem filling up rivers with my tears of sadness, but when the time came I think I was just in so much shock it didn't happen. That could be the case for you?

Congratulations by the way!! :wohoo:
I only wish you the happiest and healthiest 9 months!

Totally cute to tell him on Valentines day. I wish I would have been clever enough to think of that and be able to keep it a secret for that long lol.

That is understandable hun :hugs:

Congratulations and happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

It's lovely you're going to announce to your DH on Valentine's Day <3

I was the exact same way. I was so worried and had no symptoms. I was convinced something bad was going to happen. I didnt let myself feel happy until 11 weeks pregnant when I had my first ultrasound and saw that little heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->