9 week scan...can anyone tell me what this is?

sandyhen85

Reaction score
So I had my 9 week scan yesterday and so far everything is going really well...after a mc at 8/9 weeks last year this was a big relief, still not out of the woods yet, but fingers crossed for us. Anyway, I was so busy filming the little heart beating away that I didn't look at the scan properly until I got home and I realised that I don't know what everything is on the pictures. I can work out everything except the bit on the foetus that curves round and then up on the bottom, is it the tail, legs or umbilical cord?? Would anyone know? Thanks in advance x x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 50
the round bit to the left of the cord is the head. the limbs are tiny at this point and there is no defined neck so it's mor like a bean with stumps for another week or so!
xxxx

It's the umbilical cord, I'm pretty sure. Looks like a lovely little baby!

Excellent, I thought it might be the cord, but then second guessed myself because I thought the cord was meant to lead to the yolk sac, but didnt think it was likely to be legs so early. I worked out the head and what looks like an eye?? Could just be a black dot on the image tho lol

Caitlenc looks like I am 1 day ahead of you, have you had a scan yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->