9 week ultrasound - showed small baby?

radiohead1000

Reaction score
So me and my gf went in for our 9 week ultrasound with a technician. Heartbeat was detected but the baby only measured 8 weeks :/ She measured 3 times to be sure. Shortly after the ultrasound her pregnancy symptoms eased up a lot too.

She asked us if we were sure of our conception date and we said yes! we only had sex one day of the entire month so we were certain.

She mentioned that it could of been a late implanter but I do not think that is the case, in fact we think it was an early implanter - we got our BFP result on 13 DPO. and it was a VERY STRONG positive - on Both tests the test line was nearly as dark as the control line! At the time of the test, we were initially shocked at how positive it was and thought it might have been from the previous month

Should we be worried? The heartbeat points to a good outcome yet everything else seems fishy!

Sperm can live for up to 5 days within the body. Are you sure of ovulation dates? She might have ovulated a bit later and luckily sperm were still going strong. That might explain why the baby is slightly smaller than u expect x

Sperm can live for up to 5 days within the body. Are you sure of ovulation dates? She might have ovulated a bit later and luckily sperm were still going strong. That might explain why the baby is slightly smaller than u expect x

Yeah we are positive! Plus the very strong pregnancy test at 13DPO indicates it implanted probably a little early

i've had two scans so far, the first i measured nearly a week behind of where i knew i must be, and the second i measured about 4 days ahead. whilst most babies will fit exactly in the guidelines, not all will, plus it all comes down to the accuracy of the sonographer and they're not infallible. as long as bub had a good strong heartbeat i would try not to worry.

as for her symptoms, there are two possibilities. they can just come and go for no reason, i read about it all the time on here and mine certainly vary from day to day. Also i think they can be influenced by your state of mine. I started bleeding at 5 weeks and was convinced all my symptoms vanished. i was there poking my previously very painful boobs and could have sworn the pain had completely gone. i just didn't feel pregnant. 4 days later when i got the all clear they came back. i'm not saying she's making things up, i certainly wasn't, but i do think state of mind affects your body.

FXd for the two of you and your beanie!

wss

My pregnancy symptoms came and went right up until week 10! then they came with a vengence!
my little one has pushed my due date back a week but i truly beleive that my orignal due date was correct and baby is just growing at it's own rate but my babies heartbeat was going great guns and she was wriggling around.

try not to worry too much - it is early and your baby does not know that it is expected to fit in a textbook's idea of growth. as long as heartbeat is going that is good news.

congrats.

If you tell me the date of ovulation and if she used an ovulation test, the date you had sex, and the date of the scan which measured 8 weeks, I will use my calendar skills to give you my educated opinion. and if you can tell me the measurement and the heartrate I will look it up on the chart.

Otherwise I would say not to worry. I was spot on certain about my dates. I used ovulation tests and I got a positive at 10dpo. There were still 4 days difference between the dates on my scan at 6 1/2 weeks and 12 1/2 weeks. Also although babies at that stage are very very similar in size, they are not exactly the same. Are you booked in for a follow up scan?

If you tell me the date of ovulation and if she used an ovulation test, the date you had sex, and the date of the scan which measured 8 weeks, I will use my calendar skills to give you my educated opinion. and if you can tell me the measurement and the heartrate I will look it up on the chart.

Otherwise I would say not to worry. I was spot on certain about my dates. I used ovulation tests and I got a positive at 10dpo. There were still 4 days difference between the dates on my scan at 6 1/2 weeks and 12 1/2 weeks. Also although babies at that stage are very very similar in size, they are not exactly the same. Are you booked in for a follow up scan?

Date of Ovulation was 9/11/2011

Only Date of Sex 9/11/2011

Date of Scan that measured 8 weeks - 10/29. Measurements taken were 1.4cm, 1.4cm, 1.6cm. Heart rate was not taken

This happpened to us, we had sex once due to illness and fell preg but they put my dates back my 2 weeks, it turns out now that we are going to have a short baby.

All babies grow differently but they go on a basic time line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->