9 weeks 5 days pregnant and diagnosed with ureaplasma

Lauren2486

Reaction score
So I am 9 weeks pregnant just diagnosed with ureaplasma. Doctor called in a z pack. And husband starts doxy something (antibiotic) tomorrow. From everything I have read on google I am freaking out. Please other share your stories!

I've never heard of that one. Hopefully it will clear itself out soon! Try not to stress!! (easier said than done)

Lauren can I ask what that is!? And how does it affect your husband?

So I am 9 weeks pregnant just diagnosed with ureaplasma. Doctor called in a z pack. And husband starts doxy something (antibiotic) tomorrow. From everything I have read on google I am freaking out. Please other share your stories!
I don't have any experience myself but I know there was a thread on here a long time ago and the woman was diagnosed with ureaplasma and she give birth to an 8lber a week overdue! From what this woman said when she seeked advice from a different doctor there are a lot of false positives given and most doctors dont routinely check for it as there isn't any real evidence that it causes any harm. But I don't know myself and this isn't fact! But I hope you get the advice you're looking for:flower:

OH no! Ok well hopefully the antibiotics will clear it right up! Sending my prayers!

I've had this before I fell pregnant and was treated. But the doc said it comes back easily. There is no symptom whatsoever and most docs don't even test for it. If you do have this during pregnancy, they will give you antibiotic IV drip as you give birth to make sure the baby doesn't get it. This is the info I got from my doc and hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->