9 weeks after giving birth and still no period??

**Claire**

Reaction score
Has anyone else still not had a visit from the :witch: yet??

Its been 9 weeks since I had Bethany and still no signs of AF. I don't even feel like she's on her way yet. Me and DH have been sexually active but we've used condoms so I can safely say that I'm not pregnant.

I had my 8 week check last Friday and Dr said that if I still haven't had AF in a couple of weeks to go back just to make sure nothing is wrong. I'm hoping that by posting this it will bring the :witch: out as it's Sods law that as soon as you mention it to people she ends up turning up lol!!

Thanks

Claire
xoXox

Hiya Claire... just a thought.... are you sure you didnt have it after you lochia (bleeding after birth)?

I bleed (lochia) for about 2 weeks then a few days of brown crap then heavy bleeding again so saw doc n HV and they said it was my period/AF.

x

Hi Donna, no, I had bleeding for about 3 weeks after giving birth but nothing since. I bottle fed too so it can't be down to BF'ing.

I guess I'll just sit tight and hope she turns up :)

Almost 19 weeks and counting here :blush:

Claire is baby on the boob? Mine doesn't return until baby is practically off the booby. At one point this was about 3 yrs as I just kept getting preggers in between lol!!

It can take a while even when you're not breastfeeding.

I'm nearly 6 weeks and also nothing yet.Well,I'll just enjoy the time before it arrives :)

I was thinking exactly the same as you so after 10 weeks of waiting I decided to go back on the pill - it made me feel awful so I stopped it after a few days and sure enough :witch: arrived!

When spoke to the doc, she said that the reason I felt so awful was because my hormones weren't back to normal which could be why I hadn't had a period since having Grace. I wouldn't worry people are all totally different and I was told it can take upto 6 months - BF or not xx xx

Almost 8 weeks without it here.. did have a brief day where i had the AF pains but no blood :)

Going on 4 months and still nothing. I get stmach cramps every now and then, but still no :witch:.

I spoke to my doctor today about this and he said it can take up to 3 / 4 months to come back, it's delayed though if you breastfeed :)

Nothing yet and I haven't BF since week 6.

I know a girl who is on month 9 PP and bottle feeding and still no AF. She has had tests and scans done and nothing is wrong, he hormones are just delaying her first PP O.

I went about 12 weeks before AF came so assuming it'll be like that this time x

Well exactly 10 weeks after giving birth AF has returned, I knew once I posted on here it wouldn't be long.

I didn't have any warning either, no period pains or anything like that. I do feel quite low but not sure if that is my hormones or lack of sleep. Oh well at least it's one less thing I have to worry about now.

8 weeks here and no sign either...when it arrives we'll all be wishing it would disappear! x

Im at 9 weeks & 1 day past and still no sign of it....I did get a positive OPK at 6 weeks past so maybe it will come soon....

im in the same boat 8 weeks and nothing, i only BF for a few days but ended up on the bottle cos she was early and couldnt suckle properly... just had my checkup and the gp freaked me a bit cos he DID NOT look happy that i had had nothing yet :(

Almost 6 months and no period although i am breastfeeding which is the probable cause.

these doctors really need to shut up in all honesty; one of my sons I was BF and still had a period at 6 weeks post partum but then switched to FF for medical reasons at 3 months and still didn't have a period until 10 months, it can take months even when FF depending on hormonal variations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->