9 weeks and sudden strong lower back pain and cramping

pandi77

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I know cramping is normal as long as there's no bleeding and I've read about back pain but both came on strong and suddenly today at the same time. Trying not to put too much into it but I've read about that combo in specific associated more with miscarriage. The back pain is a dull aches in lower back and cramping feels like a dull ache mixed with twinges as best as I can describe.

Has anyone had this happen or something similar? I actually had MS for the first time today too so maybe there's just a huge surge of hormones around 9 weeks? It's bad enough I'm taking Tylenol for the first time in this pregnancy so sort of worried. Please share if you have an experience with this!

I've been having almost period cramps but a little sharper? sometimes feeling like it is right across my pelvis/hips, mainly in the mornings then some dull lower back in the afternoons.
Its all a bit scary, but I'm thinking its just things moving about down there.. This is my first so I'm reading/asking alot! But at the same time not worrying myself too much - that can't be good for bub.

I also have woken in the night last night to be sick & go back to bed.

Hugs your way, they say at 12weeks it gets easier ! :hugs:

Thanks aussiechick..it's nice to know I'm not alone in this! It's just strange as they both came on strong quite suddenly. 12 weeks can't come soon enough!

If it makes you feel better I'm having the same thing, and I'm 11w5d with my 3rd baby. From what I know its normal.

Yes I saw your thread and it did make me feel better. I guess it is the added lower back pain that has me worried most. I read so many threads that had that as a first symptom before miscarriage I panicked. It's like the radiating hot cramps I get with af that are in front and in my back. Trying to do some stretching today to loosen thing up!

With both my chemical and MMC I had cramping and lower back pain but it was not dull. My back especially was killing me. I could not stand up or sit comfortably, I kept having to move and stretch for any relief.

With this pregnancy I have had dull aches and cramps and all is going very well.

The exact same thing happened to me at 9 weeks - all was fine and I'm now 34 weeks! X

Coming on here to also note to asses your bowels. Are you bloated? Constipated?

I've been so horribly constipated and every time I have to go or need to pass gas I get cramps, but it feels so good after I can accomplish some movement in my intestines, so I know it's not baby/uterus related. You also have to remember that once you hit 9 weeks, your baby really starts GROWING. In the 10th going into 11th week your baby will grow a whole 1.5" (from being 1.5 to being 3" long!) so that's a HUGE growth spurt and it's likely to cause some discomfort in your pelvic area. I would say so long as you're not bleeding, you're more than likely A-Ok. :)

you constipated > ?? x

Well no quite the opposite actually starting this afternoon! Maybe that still had something to do with it tho...very uncomfortable (tmi) and was cramping right before bm. Perhaps that was what was bothering me overnight? No trapped wind...at least no more than usual lol.

Coming on here to also note to asses your bowels. Are you bloated? Constipated?

I've been so horribly constipated and every time I have to go or need to pass gas I get cramps, but it feels so good after I can accomplish some movement in my intestines, so I know it's not baby/uterus related. You also have to remember that once you hit 9 weeks, your baby really starts GROWING. In the 10th going into 11th week your baby will grow a whole 1.5" (from being 1.5 to being 3" long!) so that's a HUGE growth spurt and it's likely to cause some discomfort in your pelvic area. I would say so long as you're not bleeding, you're more than likely A-Ok. :)

Yes I'm starting to think its a combo of diarrhea and my fibroids. Hub reminded me that the doctor said I had 3 fibroids that will start to get crowded out more and more as nugget grows and could cause discomfort. Pesky damn things....made my AF hell and now trying to rain on my parade again!

you constipated > ?? x

Well no quite the opposite actually starting this afternoon! Maybe that still had something to do with it tho...very uncomfortable (tmi) and was cramping right before bm. Perhaps that was what was bothering me overnight? No trapped wind...at least no more than usual lol.

Come to think of it.. when I woke & was sick (at 2am, assumed MS) I was also cramping and felt 100x better after bm... seems so obvious now!:shrug:

Can Pre-Natals constipate? I'm taking Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-feeding gold ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->