• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

9 year old daughter - question

candeur

Reaction score
Hiya :flower:

Been a while since I've posted on here but struggling to find some advice.

Yesterday my 9 year old (10 in November) approached me showing some stains in her underwear... she said it's happened once before and she thinks she's having little accidents without realising it (She doesn't notice until the end of the day when she changes her knickers). She also woke up this morning with the same thing (so total of 3 incidents now)

Now, I don't know if it is just a case of not wiping very well, or maybe she is having slight accidents when laughing to much or whatever. It can't be a huge amount because it's not going through to her clothes.

She's been dry day and night since she was 3 and never had any bedwetting accidents to it's pretty unusual for her. The only other thing I can think of is that it's potentially hormonal and a little bit of discharge... although it doesn't look like that necessarily. I don't know how to describe it but it's a wider spread stain (sorry TMI) - but then it doesn't smell strongly of urine either.

Honestly, this is a minefield for me! She my eldest so this is not something I've been through before and even as a girl myself, I cannot remember much about this puberty business :)

Any help and experience will be gratefully received. Of course, if it was to carry on and become of great concern then I will take her to the GP.

Thanks x

My thought is that it probably is discharge and hormonal/puberty- related. I remember having some at that age.

I'd say hormones or maybe yeast infection? if it's been isolated to the last few days I'd probably put a panty liner on her and make an appointment with the doctor to check (my doc is female though so never been a problem taking to her about that sort of stuff). I don't think it's something to worry about.

It's great that she was confident enough to bring it to you! :flower:

Oh guys thank you.

Mystery is ever so slightly solved though, I had a call from the school about an hour and a half ago to say that she's started her period. She's absolutely fine, luckily we had done the chat and everything. I've just been to the shops to stock up. Can't believe it's come so soon! 9 years old is so young!

Looks like you figured it out. I remember when I started noticing discharge and showing my mom because I didn't know what it was. This sounds like normal puberty stuff, even if a bit early.

Oh guys thank you.

Mystery is ever so slightly solved though, I had a call from the school about an hour and a half ago to say that she's started her period. She's absolutely fine, luckily we had done the chat and everything. I've just been to the shops to stock up. Can't believe it's come so soon! 9 years old is so young!

I'm glad you didn't have a long wait to figure it out. Yes, 9 is young, but here you go! You get to help her learn how to interact with other people while she is hormonal at an age young enough that she will probably listen. I tried to use each little meltdown as a teaching moment, showing her that I understood that her feelings are going up and down with seemingly no cause, but she is always to act with kindness anyway. But she needed more time to herself when she wasn't feeling herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->