9 years of trying. Is it our turn??!!

Meeru8

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not going to go into the entire 9 year TTC history. In short we have tried the usual, Clomid, various tests, IUI x 3, IVF x 2 (1 egg x 2) all with BFN.

In 2009 we were told my eggs were of a poor quantity and quality. We were devasted. We were told our best chances would be with a donor. I didn't want to believe it and couldn't get my head around it not being "my" baby. 2 years ago, by chance I found out Ninewells in Dundee were running an egg share programme. We enquired and bish bash bosh I was on the dummy run of drugs (late 2011). This was promising, or so we thought. The waiting list grew and grew. I'm CMV neg which was an added problem.

Anyhoo.... back in 2009 a very dear and kind friend :hugs: offered to be our donor. Like I said I couldn't get my head around it back then and my DH was very supportive.

Long story short she is now our donor. We have had a problem free cycle of drugs (which is unheard of for me). And she gave us 10 eggs just the other day. We were told to expect 2/3rds to fertilise but we got 9!!!!

I have to go back in in the next few days for a day 5 transfer. They have told us that some are looking fragmented but others are looking good. We are really hopeful that we get a good few so we have an ET and some for freezing. Everything crossed.

At the moment I'm on 8mg of progynova and 2 x pessaries a day (yucky things). I'm bloated to the max but just want it to be testing day.

We are hopeful but realistic. As you all know it's really difficult not to get your hopes up.

GL to all xxx

:argh::argh:

Good luck. Will keep my fingers crossed for you

wow what a wonderful friend you have. And it will be 'your' baby. The donor gives one tiny little egg, you give it blood, protein and all the other stuff to make it become a baby. Without you it would be nothing. I wish you so much luck with your transfer and BFP. I've had IVF myself and know how stressful it is and am considering becoming a donor recipient in the future if we are not successful. Please keep us posted, take care, rest up and loads of luck xx

Wow that is a long journey. So glad you have a wonderful opportunity to have a child. Let us know of your progress. Best Wishes to you.

awwww, we tried for our third since our DS was born and he is now 14 :wacko: we did 3 failed cycles of IVF, Clomid etc and everything failed...low and behold after our last failed attempt at IVF the very next cycle we got pregnant naturally :shrug: I never thought it would be our turn and out of the blue our number came up...stay positive just when you think it is never going to happen a surprise pops up :hugs: please keep us updated with your progress and what a great friend you have :thumbup: we were looking at egg donors but we would have had to go to South Africa to do this. Anyway, best of Luck!!!!!!

Hi all, thanks sooo much for your kind messages.

Well, out of the 9 that fertilised, 3 made it to day 5 and we were initially told 1 was very good and the other 2 were a bit behind.

We decided to have the "best" one transferred and we were told the other 2 would be frozen together. So that's what happened. Our donor is 6 years younger so her eggs would have a better chance.

Everything went well and we left the unit and headed home. Enroute home we received a telephone call from the unit saying that the 2 were now also very good and had improved greatly in just a few hours and they were being frozen individually. Great news!

We are now 1/3 of the way through the 2ww which is always torture as you all know. I'm desparate for a sign that I'm pregnant but I know it's way too early our wee one is only 9 days old kind of??? (you know what I mean) and he's only been in there 4 days!! Added problem is that the drugs I'm taking have been giving me all kinds of side effects, sore breasts, cramps these started way before ET. So I'm not going to get a hint for a clue there. :(

I suppose in the grand scheme of things another 10 days is nothing, we've waited this long!!!

Good luck to all xxx x

Well after nearly 9 years of trying we have our very first...........

:bfp::bfp::bfp:

We are over the moon!!

Good luck to all

xxx x

Just wonderful news.....so pleased for you x x x

What lovely news so happy for you....hope you have a happy and healthy 9months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->