90% of eggs are abnormal after age 40.

Andiao

Reaction score
I heard it's kinda hard for a woman to get pregnant after 40 because 90% of her eggs are genetically abnormal after this time. My question is: can't we get rid of the abnormal eggs and leave the healthy eggs in the woman's body?? Will make the chance to conceive higher? It will also be beneficial to baby

What do you guys think?

No because without removing them and testing them you would never know the good amongst the bad.

I think to an extent this is what happens when you have IVF done. They certainly choose harvested eggs that are more viable than others to fertilise. The problem is that it's expensive and invasive. Not everyone can afford that or what's to go through it, but yes, certainly it's possible to a degree with reproductive technology.

It is true that over age 40 approximately 1-2 out of 10 eggs will be good , but this also depends on the person how well you have taken care of yourself. also you can improve egg quality taking supplements coq10, pqq and folate and with a healthy no sugar diet. it takes 90 days to improve egg health.

I think to an extent this is what happens when you have IVF done. They certainly choose harvested eggs that are more viable than others to fertilise. The problem is that it's expensive and invasive. Not everyone can afford that or what's to go through it, but yes, certainly it's possible to a degree with reproductive technology.

I believe they allow the cells to begin replicating as well before they test. The problem is that testing the egg pre-fertilization would destroy it.

Sometimes the embryologist can tell if the quality is bad before fertilization just based on the appearance of the eggs but the ultimate test is if it fertilizes and how it develops most poor quality eggs wont develop past 3 days some wont even make it to day 3, a good quality egg can make it to 5 days then implant. but they dont know egg quality until after retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->