A baby boy.

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
I already have a beautiful, funny, clever little girl aged 3. Everyone assumes to even it out that you want a boy for that perfect little family. However, i didnt, i wanted a girl. Absolutely no denying it, when the sonographer said it was a boy i spent the next hour disappointed. It's taken me the weekend to 'get over it' and the guilt is terrible! I look at baby boy clothes and my heart sinks :( i hate boys clothes. We're struggling to find him a name, though we had decided on Ace before now i'm not so sure. My husband's family is football mad and i hate it. Already i feel annoyed and protective of my annoying MIL going on about converting him to support the right team. I wanted another little baby girly who i could choose amazing cute clothes for and pink bottles incase breastfeeding didnt work out again.

The idea/fact is growing on me but i find myself being picky over clothes for a boy. Seeing how most males treat their mothers, in such a detached way when they're older makes me feel distant from him already. Boys don't want cuddles as long as girls. I wanted to be a girly girl family.

Ugh I dunno. It's just a sense of the unknown. Never pictured myself with a son, i should be ridiculously grateful for a healthy baby regardless but i can't hide my disappointment any longer! :(

Xxx

Im sorry youre feeling this way. :hugs:
I think you're lucky to get one of both.
I'm having my 3rd son in may, no daughters. Ill never have a daughter and that's been really hard for me. I wanted sons and daughters.
Boys are awesome, my two are little loveable mummas boys and they are amazing. Most of the men I know are much closer to their mums compared to their daughters. I have 1 brother and 3 sisters and the relationship I have with my brother is just so very special. He's an amazing young man and as much as I love my sisters there's just something extra special with the bond I have with my brother.
I hate sports too but what's to say your daughter won't be a sports nut? My 4 year old loves gymnastics and dancing, babies and dress ups. He also loves his trucks and kicking around a ball.
I'm sure you'll love your little man and he will bring you so much joy. Babies aren't stereo types they are just loveable little children who no nothing of our disappointments I'm sure he will melt your heart.

I just wanted to say it ok to be disappointed don't be hard on yourself. Also my husband is still really close to his mum and rings her up atleast twice a week. I also go to her first for anything even over my own mum. She even see's more of my girls than my own mum. It may not turn out how you think in your head. xx

Thanks ladies :)
After writing that i think it must have been quite cathartic as i feel a bit better about it now. So glad this forum exists because despite the guilt you feel it's not something you're supposed to say. I think it's just major shock too, totally new to me.. I will love this little man as much as i do my daughter i know it, i just cant get over it especially when i surprise myself with how much i wanted another girl! (That and everyone kept telling me it was a boy especially my know it all MIL so that wound me up)

Xxx

I can totally relate! I have a beautiful and lively little 2 year-old DD and its fantastic! I grew up with one sis and having a girl was my dream come true. I was hoping for another little DD, but last night my husband scanned me (he's a sonographer) and sure enough it's a boy, just like everyone has been telling me! my MIL, my mother, and everyone else. I already have all the dresses and shoes in stock from my DD to hand down. I'm not into my kid getting hurt playing sports, but I know that's part of my husbands family motto. It scares me. I'm not able to share my feelings of confusion and disappointment with my friends and family, they just wont understand. They are looking forward to this little guy already. I feel ashamed to not be happy it's a him, but that doesn't mean that I dont love the baby growing inside me. my DH and I feel blessed to have this baby after our miscarriage last year. I have yet to actually look at clothes. that will be the next step to getting myself happy about a boy joining our little family.

I can totally relate! I have a beautiful and lively little 2 year-old DD and its fantastic! I grew up with one sis and having a girl was my dream come true. I was hoping for another little DD, but last night my husband scanned me (he's a sonographer) and sure enough it's a boy, just like everyone has been telling me! my MIL, my mother, and everyone else. I already have all the dresses and shoes in stock from my DD to hand down. I'm not into my kid getting hurt playing sports, but I know that's part of my husbands family motto. It scares me. I'm not able to share my feelings of confusion and disappointment with my friends and family, they just wont understand. They are looking forward to this little guy already. I feel ashamed to not be happy it's a him, but that doesn't mean that I dont love the baby growing inside me. my DH and I feel blessed to have this baby after our miscarriage last year. I have yet to actually look at clothes. that will be the next step to getting myself happy about a boy joining our little family.

It makes it so much worse when everyone says "i told you so!" I run away from people like that! And this obsession with the "one of each" thing, just never applied to me!

I have a brother and a sister.. My DD and DS will have the same age gap as my bro and I, we get on so much better than my sister and I! But wanting a girl was more for me, wanting my group of girlies as i've never been the most girliest of gals!

It's been a week now since finding out we're having a boy and I must say i'm much happier and relaxed now! I'm definately getting used to the idea, which is good because I have no choice haha! :)
I got some boys clothes yesterday and they're so sweet! I hate boys clothes but i've done well so far :) i won't go as mad for a boy as i did for my DD so that will save me some money! Lol i had been told this!

Think i've been equally worried about other things like affording baby bits, my daughter being l

It makes it so much worse when everyone says "i told you so!" I run away from people like that! And this obsession with the "one of each" thing, just never applied to me!

I have a brother and a sister.. My DD and DS will have the same age gap as my bro and I, we get on so much better than my sister and I! But wanting a girl was more for me, wanting my group of girlies as i've never been the most girliest of gals!

It's been a week now since finding out we're having a boy and I must say i'm much happier and relaxed now! I'm definately getting used to the idea, which is good because I have no choice haha! :)
I got some boys clothes yesterday and they're so sweet! I hate boys clothes but i've done well so far :) i won't go as mad for a boy as i did for my DD so that will save me some money! Lol i had been told this!

Think i've been equally worried about other things like affording baby bits, my daughter being looked after by someone else when i giv birth and the fact that she starts preschool in April, all big deal stuff and its all scary!!

Although I don't know what I'm having yet, if I'm having a boy I'd feel exactly the same. I have a gorgeous clever little girl and after having a girl I'd never want a boy. People just don't understand especially people who only have boys. Of course the most important thing is to have a healthy baby. I consider myself so lucky to have had a girl which also some people don't get.

I'm sure you will get used to the idea and baby boys clothes can be cute x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->