A cold while pregnant

Xpecta

Reaction score
How do you manage to get through it? This is ridiculous!! I'm not enjoying it at all. I usually take neocitran, but I don't think I'm allowed during pregnancy.

I have had three colds that my lovely children keep recycling. My advice depends on what kind of cold it is...

If you're stuffed up, turning the hot water on in the shower and letting the steam roll in can be helpful, it can also be helpful for a chest cough. You can buy plain saline solution as well to help clear things out.

If it is a dry persistent cough, drinking ice water, taking safe cough drops like Halls, can all be helpful. The key is not to let your throat get too dry.

Save the occasional tylenol for when the head pressure or throat soreness is too much, and consider buying some popsicles that have pedialyte in them.

What is pedialyte?

I've been having hot showers and using Tylenol when I need it. Other than that I feel like I'm just suffering!!

Ugh, they are awful. I had one a few weeks back! Sadly, it's mostly a case of suffering through if :( I took paracetemol a couple times a day to keep my temperature down and sucked on sweets for my sore throats! I put my head under a towel and over a bowl of hot water infused with menthol oil at night time, helped clear my sinuses a bit before I tried to sleep!

Hope you are feeling much better soon, rest up the best you can! And take one small positive that I found it nice not being able to smell anything for a week!

i second midnight fairy- hot ginger and lemon water, or warm lemon and honey water. Best things to have in the morning/ Also start having a big spoon of honey every day. Honestly, honey is the magic cure!

Baby vapor rub, saline nose spray and lemon , honey and hot water!

Considering how nothing without meds would clear my nose my last cold, I'm glad I don't get them very often.

During pregnancy, immune system is lower than usual, making you slightly more likely to catch a cold or the flu. But do not worry having an ordinary cold, should not be harmful to your health or your baby's. You can try some home remedies to treat the cold drink Chicken soup It will help to relieve inflammation and soothe congestion, use hot-mist vapouriser or take a hot shower. If it doesn’t help then only take medicines under supervision of your doctor.

Thanks guys. I'm just coming to the end of it. It wasn't my worst cold thank goodness. I've just rested lots. I feel bad though because my son has it now :( I feel so terrible he's sick because of me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->