A couple of questions..

makeupgirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've found myself on here! Seeing as hubby and I have been trying for a year, I decided to hop back on and find comfort (and suggestions) from you fabulous bunch.

I recently had a lap to diagnose potential endo. It came back clear (only one or two lesions, very minor) but loads of scar tissue from a previous lap four years ago! And docs thought I had appendicitis.. :dohh: That was October 11th.. I was meant to start my period on November 3rd.. but the gal has not given an inkling that she's on her way! Is this normal?

Secondly, I'm a Texan expat in the UK. So my 'help with fertility' knowledge out here is not the best. Anyone in the UK have any advice to offer regarding where to go with docs, etc? Is IVF an option on the NHS?

We just really want to start our family and have tried everything in the book. Bleh. Open to suggestions and advice :flower:

I'm sure a more expert lady in the field of IVF will be along in a minute to advise you better than me, but I didn't want to read and run... As I understand it, you can get IVF (a set number of rounds, I think) on the NHS, but you have to have been trying for a certain length of time or a bit less if you're over 35. I would start by just going to your GP and telling them you're TTC and having trouble. They will probably bring up the idea of IVF themselves.

I'm sure a more expert lady in the field of IVF will be along in a minute to advise you better than me, but I didn't want to read and run... As I understand it, you can get IVF (a set number of rounds, I think) on the NHS, but you have to have been trying for a certain length of time or a bit less if you're over 35. I would start by just going to your GP and telling them you're TTC and having trouble. They will probably bring up the idea of IVF themselves.

Thanks so much!

I just read 2 years.. :dohh: Really?! Why! My doc who performed the lap back home diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. He did mention having hormone testing done? But who knows.. will have to make an appointment for this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->