A fear of having an ugly baby? Anyone? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

keljt1127

Reaction score
through out my whole pregnancy me and my OH have been so curious as to who are baby is going to look like and how we pray that he doesnt get his dads side of the family nose lol

well i just woke up from a terrible dream! :wacko:
I had a dream I was pregnant with twin boys and so was my cousin ( who is 13 btw :wacko: wtf? ) and she had twin boys as well.

Well in the dream we gave birth the same day! :flower:
I had surgery to get them out so I didnt see them right away and so I got to see her twin boys first... how cute :kiss: So I was super excited to see mine!
I went into the room and OMG. :nope: ......

they were both covered with a blanket in there carseat so I uncovered twin #1 and it had the BIGGEEST head I have ever seen ...like just insanly non human like BIG.... and I was soo upset but of course had to act like he was "cute" because of course he was my son... and twin #2..... had a normal sized head... but it was shaped as a triangle.... and he smelled sooo incred. bad.....

and my mom was like " Yeah Have fun I am about to go play with Hillys( my cousin) baby boys!"

and all i could think about was how OH was going to react to our "beautiful" twin boys!

It was a dreadful dream!

I'm sure your baby will be beautiful...it would bd great if we could pick the best bits of mummy and daddy though!

Lol no mother will ever think their baby or child is ugly, all babies look the same anyway when their born, I could take your baby and pretend it was mine and I'd bet you everyone would say ooh it looks like me.daddy.granny etc lol

I have a fear of this LOL - this sounds REALLY nasty but my friend recentley gave birth and her baby is quite ugly.........I know that sounds awful but I couldnt help thinking it when I saw them.........its REALLY fat in the face and has strange features........ :-/

My partner is worried we'll have a ginger baby lol because his father is ginger and my partner has a ginger beard but not hair. Im dark haired but ive told him hair colour really isnt an issue lol.

hahahaha... I think most people think this they just don't say it!!

Your dream was probably anxiety generally too. I had a dream about my little girl, when she was born she had these beautiful long eyelashes, but also had inch long thick nostril hair too!!! that I had to comb!!! it was awful.

My DS looked pretty minging when he was born, he was all squished and had sticky up strawberry blonde hair, one ear stuck forwards on his head and his nose squished to the side. AND he was all red and angry! But I just loved him so so so much and I didn't care at all... believe me you won't either :flower:
plus he's gorgeous now :winkwink:

Yea, I kinda worry that I will have an ugly baby!! Worry is quite a strong word, and it makes me sound so vain -I'm not, I dont even consider myself all that pretty tbh! But, I just think if it was ugly, I think i would be able to admit it to myself, but no one will DARE say my baby is ugly! lol x

I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate but I chuckled whilst I read your dream, I still am chuckling actually!!!

Your baby will be beautiful, triangular, pentagonal or otherwise (I'm only messing) and we all have 'the fear' that we feel we can't quite voice so good on you for being honest enough to say what most of us think :)

Xx

omg i keep thinking stupid things about if my baby will be cute and beautiful and what if i dont think so, i reckon its prob a common feeling and does not exsist when baby arrives

I have a fear of this LOL - this sounds REALLY nasty but my friend recentley gave birth and her baby is quite ugly.........I know that sounds awful but I couldnt help thinking it when I saw them.........its REALLY fat in the face and has strange features........ :-/

i have a friend who had a baby that was ugly and its awful to say that out loud, but now the baby is older and very cute in its ways and playing and talking, my friend has a very confident little girl and she is cute with it.

Haha!! I'm in that boat! My donor isn't a very handsome man, so I have been horrified that Livie will be ugly. My family has very strong genes, and I'm hoping for brown hair and eyes, like mine. Would be the only brown eyed baby in the family since my 23 year old neice! I got a sneek peak of her in 4D, and she looks just like me! I told my friend that I was glad, and didn't want her to look like him cause he'd make an ugly girl, just joking, and she called me stupid, and said he did me a BIG favor. She's stupid. We have an AGREEMENT, not a "You do this for me and that's that". She knows what his role will be, but she's mad cause she has the only baby girl in the complex, and everyone used to faun all over her. Plus, her baby daddy denied her for the first year of her life. Jealousy reeks! But I'm glad my baby looks like me so far!!!

My partner is worried we'll have a ginger baby lol because his father is ginger and my partner has a ginger beard but not hair. Im dark haired but ive told him hair colour really isnt an issue lol.
lol we fear the ginger gene! We both have a grandma with ginger hair. One strawberry blonde which isn't bad but the other orange orange. My cousin also had orange hair. And both my brother and hubby have a bit of ginge in the old facial hair. Don't get me wrong, some shades of red are nice. On girls. But i really don't want to have to call my baby carrot top. Lol x

Aww, my daughter has a crush on a 'ginger' boy at school. I think he's very cute.

I'd think I'd be more concerned with only one twin being ugly, because they might have to live in the shadow of the better-looking twin. I knew two or three sets of twins where one of them was good-looking and the other not.

ETA: I see you're not really having twins now lol.

i am red haired and so is my oh so baby is definately going to be ginger haha but i do get worried she will be ugly even though i will never think that lol but it is a worry lol

I think about this too now, it's perfectly normal! It didn't help that a friend of mine, who is gorgeous by the way, so is her hubby, just had a baby boy and his pics freaked me out!!--he looks like a grown man in baby form! I can't explain it, he is just freaky looking and it was a real surprise. I have no doubt he will be a beautiful child, though, I think newborns just appear all different sometimes.

i doubt any body would think that their own children are ugly tbh lol
only cruel people think babies are ugly :) xx

Lol. I have thought exactly the same thing and I think that's normal. I have never found any babies particularly attractive or cute looking but I'm sure when the time comes, whatever our daughter looks like, I will think she's beautiful.

On our 12 week scan photo (before we knew we were having a girl) my husband and I both joked that baby had got Dad's huge nose and Mum's big ears, poor thing. X

Ahhhhhh, every mother will love their baby no matter what they look like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

your baby will be beautiful! i dont think a mom could ever think their child is ugly!

I am also scared of this though because at our 20 week scan we found out our baby has a cleft lip, DH has curly ginger hair and my hair is also curly, so who knows how this baby will come out as!

Haha, I like this post lol. I can't say that I have thought about this much at all but I know it's crossed my mind once or twice. Moreso though I'm worried that my baby will have a big head (like my bf) and it will hurt like hell on the way out lol. I find also that most babies look the same at birth (I don't know that I could have picked mine out in a lineup), but as they get older I find they get a lot cuter. I have seen babies that I have found let's say "awkward" looking...but I still find them cute and as they get older they always seem to get cuter too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"