A Few Questions..

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
Not sure if this is even the right place but i just wondered..

Im going to be bottle feeding, how many bottles should i buy?
I know which ones i am getting just not sure how many i should get! The steriliser holds 6 so should i buy 6?!

What nappies should i buy? Pampers..Huggies..? What ones do you recommend or what ones are you going to get or have got?

Also i brought a digital room thermometer for baby and was also interested for myself in what temp. it would say in the bedroom as its always very very warm in my flat even in winter, i never needed to turn the heating on =|
At the moment the temp. hasnt gone below 27. even with the window open over night the lowest it went down to was 24! Obviously when LO is here in october it should be abit cooler as its winter but im still worried its going to be to warm, it says recommended temp. is 16 - 20. What should i do? I was thinking of getting one of them sleeping bag things but now im thinking he wont even use it because he will get to hot in there?! It says there is more chance of cot death when its too warm so now im very worried =|

Wish I had some advice about the heat thing but I haven't as I've got the same sort of problem.

As for bottles, I've got 8 but I'm planning on trying to breast feed at first and I've brought pampers nappies my friend suggested these rather than huggies but it all depends on bubs, he might get irritated by one and not the other so it'll be a case of buy one and see how he gets on with it.

But then again I could be talking rubbish lol

xx

lol Thank you :) I think i will defo get 6 or more bottles. Having to many is better than not having enough! & the nappies.. i think i might buy a pack of both and see what i think when i use them! Im not bothered about the money buying both if i dont use one or the other!

I have 10 bottles, 4 6 oz ones and 6 9 oz bottles (I bought the set, it was cheaper than buying them individually).

As for diapers I thought I was going to go with Pampers at first but ended up buying a mix of each. I figured we could try both out and see what works best for us and the baby (and if you haven't done so already you should really see if you can sign up to have coupons for both sets of diapers mailed to you, not sure if they do it in the UK but they do it here--and some of those coupons are $3 off which is great savings in my opinion).

Not much help on the temp thing I'm afraid, although I would avoid putting the baby in a sleeping bag type thing, he/she may get too hot, plus you don't want to put any kind of heavy blanketing on a newborn because they can suffocate.

My mum suggested i sleep in the living room on the sofa bed with the moses basket if its still to warm in the bedroom as the living room tends to be much cooler. So i may end up doing that for a while!

I have 6 small bottles and 6 larger taller ones....plus my mum bought some too for at her house in case I forget or the baby stays over....

as for nappies....I have bought pampers and huggies and will decide which ones I like best, when the baby is born I will open a packet of each and will go from there....I have kept all receipts so I can change the ones I dont want....

As for the temp thing - maybe buy a fan.....keep the room cool and you can use it in the summer too

We had 8 bottles with my son and i tended to use pampers nappies. When he was older i used pampers active nappies or sometimes huggies if they were on offer. I found huggies nappies smaller though.

I got a steriliser bag (like a plastic bag) from mothercare that could be re used and you could sterilise a bottle in a microwave. I kept one of these in my changing bag and one at my mums, i found them really useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->