A good question methinks!

juicyfruity

Reaction score
So...cycle day 10 in a 28 day cycle took my first clearblue digi and what did i get... a smiley face! shock and horror all round! tonight is a 'non action night' because hubby had testicular cancer we are using a donor.... so txted donor and bless him he's coming at 6.30 in the morning to leave his donation!

After the initial shock...is this a false pos? did i do test wrong?? thought ok ok maybe i did but just deal with it get the donation. ride with it.

my big question is: is it too late?

After you get a positive OPK they say you ovulate at least 12 hours after that... so that's about 1pm tomorrow. but you might ov even 24 or 48 hrs after (gosh it gets confusing) which would take me to cycle day 12 (that seems better...)! after you ovulate the egg is alive for 12 to 24 hours.

So! if i add up (keeping in mind a cycle day 10 smiley seems unnusual to me)

OPK turns positive cycle day 10
Ovulate 1am cycle day 11 (12 hrs after OPK)
Egg survives another 12 hours 'waiting'
6.30 am use a donor

would i catch the egg?

or scenario 2
OPK turns positive cycle day 10
6.30 am use donor
ovulate 1pm cyle day 11 (24 hrs after OPK)
egg survives 24 hrs 'waiting'
1pm cycle day 12 fertile patch over

had organised the donor to come at 4pm tues weds thurs expecting to ovulate on thursday cycle day 14!!
so is it an early surge and the eggy will take its time (even 48 hours perhaps!! which means i wouldn't ov till cycle day 12 anyway and then the egg would wait around another 12 or so...

yes TTC drives one crazy with all the possibilities!!
anyone got some insights!!

ps to add the craziness the smiley was my positive but on my wondfo strip tests they all tested definately NEGATIVE

I think you have a chance of catching that egg if you get the donor in tomorrow AM :)
The spermies can live up to 2-5 days in there, so even if the O wait is longer, they could survive that long :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->