A group of Mum's trying to get rid of their tums!

Yep, I am Indian. Roti is a kind of bread made by rolling a ball of wheat dough flat and then baking it on a heated flat pan.

A kilogram is 2.2046 times a pound, so divide your weight in pounds by 2.2046 to arrive at the equivalent kgs.

Hello again ladies. It's been a while. Will you take me back? And help me get back onit? I fell of the damn wagon and now have piled on the pounds again. I was 5 lbs away from my goal weight. Lost almost 2 stone.
Personally, I blame my mum and nan. Nan thought I was looking poorly, (like I was starving myself 😂 so kept sending round lots of food. Lots and lots of food. With home made rice pudding with almonds in, wasn't just a little was like 2 pints of it a week.
So yes. I'm back. I need to loose so.e weight. I feel crap. My new lovely clothes I got are feeling a bit snug.
Anyone using my fitness pal? Can we buddy up. Or does someone want to move in and kick my ass?

Stayed more or less the same weight, 67.6 kgs.

Breakfast was oats porridge with a lil honey. No exercise yet. Busy day ahead at work. Will post in the evening. How is everyone else doing? Take care all.

Hey dcs!! Aww man boo for putting the pounds back on but it's so easy done so don't beat yourself up about it. You have done it once you can do it again!! I'm not on my fitness pal.

Hello DCS,

I am not on MFP either. Somehow tracking what I eat never works for me. I just watch what I eat and that usually shows results.

Lunch was a flop as my soup was too spicy; barely had a few spoonfuls. Dinner is french beans, lentils and a roti.

Might try some ab exercises later tonight. Anyone tried standing crunches? Easier on the back and neck.

welcome back dcs! I'm sorry you've gained some weight back. it seems grandmas always worry! my mom was on a diet a few years back and lost some weight and my gran thought mom was starving herself when she wasn't! not on mfp anymore either as I also don't do well with calorie counting.

I've decided not to exercise today. 2 days of exercise = a whole lot of body pain! but tomorrow I've got to go back.

silver I haven't tried standing crunches. would you feel them on your core while doing them?

Hi girls! :hi:

I'm 2lb below pre pregnancy weight now but struggling to stop eating crap. Currently sat eating Nutella on white toast! :rofl:

Tara I can't believe you've lost so much, that's brilliant!!

Perplexed,

Yeah..those standing crunches, definitely feel them. Give them a try. I keep doing them intermittently through the day, 50 reps at a time.

Well done Kian! Oh that sounds so nice :haha: I hope your proud of yourself for doing so well. And thank you! I honestly can't see the difference in myself apart from my pants fall down :haha: hopefully the next few stone will make more of a difference x

brunette: lol! nutella!! I love chocs also and they are my biggest weakness.

today my workout consisted of cardio circuit, then core workouts followed by leg workouts with small leg weights then 15 mins of cycling. planning to do body pump tomorrow...no idea if I'll have the energy!

My weight seems to be shifting at such a slow pace :-(
I am 67.4 kgs as of this morning..but at least it is moving..I need to go down by exactly 1 kg to reach my healthy BMI of 25..hopefully will be there soon
Some people already told me yesterday that I look slimmer :)
And my clothes are getting looser too...yay!

that's excellent silver!!

after having my dd I remember struggling to get lower than 65 but when it finally happened I feel like I was suddenly 62!

didn't attend body pump yesterday felt my body needed a break

did 3 pilates vids from blogilates though!

Does lifting a baby, who is actually 17 months, count as exercise? Because she wants picking up and putting down every 5 minutes. Iv also started doing most things while holding her. That's got to count surely. Or carrying a 4.5 year old. Both kids are poorly which means I'm carrying them all the time. And forgetting to feed myself. Since posting last on here, nan sent round a huge container of aubergine curry. She woke up early especially to make it for me, would have been rude not to eat it. She still spreads half a stick of butter on my chapattis like she did when I was a kid. Sounds so gross but it's sooooooooo good.

Iv been walking lots again. DS is on medication for his throat so I take him to school in the moirning then usualy go out with oh and DD then walk back to school for his meds then pick him up again. My legs are aching. Which is strange because iv been walking this much for a while. Maybe it's the cold.

Can you tell I have none to talk to atm by my rambles post? I'll literally talk oh to sleep when he gets in.

dcs it definitely counts! my fitness assessment showed I gained muscle after having dd and during my pregnancy with ds lol all due to carrying dd <3 being a parent makes you strong!

I'm literally in the same boat. no one to talk to or ramble to. and dh isn't a great listener and can't even pretend lmao!

planning to attend body pump this morning. hope the kids and I can get ready and out the door early enough.

Hey DCS,

Sorry to hear your kids have been poorly. Hope they both get well soon.

But do take care of your meals as you need the energy to look after them.

And yes, carrying a child around definitely counts as activity as you are engaging your arm muscles.

I haven't been able to exercise much this past week as have been snowed down with work. Did measurements today and I have lost approx 1 inch off my waist (30.5) and approx 2 inches off my hips (37). And I am able to now fit into a few clothes I couldn't button at all a year ago. Happy :)

congrats silver that is great news!

as for me, attended body pump (warmed up on the treadmill for 10 mins with incline first) and I was determined to carry heavier for the leg tracks. there were 2 I think, one was more of a warm up then we did a more serious leg track later. both times I carried 10kg and it's a personal record since having my babies. actually 10kg was still rare for me even in my fit days and I'm glad to have had the courage to do it! I was literally terrified before doing lunges on the other side lol :) finally understand what they mean when they say it's in your mind. but I'm also pleased to announce that I do not need to increase the weights I carried for my arms lol 5kg.

drank around 1 liter of water during the workout and then protein after.

I'm starting to feel that I prefer going to the gym on Saturday mornings rather than go to cafes and stuff. love working out! maybe tomorrow evening I'll attend a 45 mins spinning class.

DCS YES! its weight training :haha:

:rofl: I feel so inadequate reading all the excercise you two ladies put in. Where do you find the time to do it? I dont have a minute to myself till bedtime these days and then im exhausted xx

the only reason I can make it to the gym is that it has a daycare and when dd was little(er) I just couldn't go unless I knew mom had time to watch her. but now I'm brave enough to take both kids to daycare and exercise. I can only do Pilates at home if both are taking a nap otherwise there's no chance! and Pilates is easy coz the vids are short.

I can only manage walking on weekends :-( A gym is out of the question as my home and work schedule doesn't leave me any time for a gym..but I did do Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred level 1 a couple months back...Planning to start doing short exercise videos again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->