A guest blog post.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
....by me!

Have a read here and please comment on the blog with your thoughts!:thumbup:

Very short for you! I know how much you can talk when you get going ;) Very simple and straightforward and honest though, why should something as natural as keeping a baby and mother together be rocket science or have to be explained with research? Me likes :)

And I can read, I know you said comment on the blog but I find commenting on random blogs slightly uncomfortable.

:lol: Thank you!!

Ps - Just getting to reply to your email xx

We both read it, followed by a short but to the point discussion. You are so right, what happens on a day to day basis should be what happens in extreme circumstances and not the other way around. It baffles me that birth is so medicalised.

P.s I'm with Irish cob. Not big on commenting on random blogs, make me feel uncomfortable :lol:

Never thought about it before, but I completely agree!

Thanks Lisa for writing that for me - it's had a huge amount of views already :thumbup:

x

I thought it was great, love the references to your cat, says it all perfectly!

I love it! It is really good; well written and your sense of humour shines through!

Couldn’t agree more!

Your points about your Madge the cat are fundamental to nature, and it is this nature that unfortunately can be lacking in human births.

Congratulations Madge, and I’m glad that you didn’t have to go to classes and didn’t worry yourself by Googling obscure risks of kitten birth! ;-)
XxX

Thanks for asking me! I'm already wondering what I could write about if I'm asked again!
x

Great, MM, it makes total sense and I loved the wee video of his holiness, Mr Odent, he's just fab and so lovely. It's a brilliant analogy to human birth, as we are treated so very differently. I hated the parade of visitors last time too, I think you're right that it's not just the first minutes or hours that are precious, but should be the first days/weeks.

Well done again!

Lovely Lisa!

I remember being in such distress when Cole was just not sleeping (ne was hungry but my milk had not come in) and due to the drugs and other stuff in my system I was just soooooo sleepy and overwhelmed..

When i asked a nurse what to do for the 5th time she impatiently just tool Cole out of my hands and whisked him away without telling me where but saying ' you should sleep '

Like i was able to have any shut eye after that LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->