a little confused...any one have any ideas?

cutelou101

3rd Tri
Reaction score
Hi,

I miscarried twins on 13th Feb, and have yet to have AF. However since sunday i have started to get pregnancy symptoms, mainly needing to wee about an hr after i drink, and today i felt very sick in the morning, and was shattered after a day of teaching (leaving me just switching off in the after school meeting!). I took a test when i got back today (cheap internet ones that say 10mui), but BFN. I have no idea when i should be testing, i was on the pill before i got pregnant last time, so no real idea of regular cycle.

Any ideas when it would be best for me to test?

firstly, so sorry for your losses cutelou...

from what i understand it can take a few cycles for your hormones to get back to normal, so to feel preg a few weeks after your mc isn't all that unusual... i'd wait a little longer to test as af can take 6 or 8 weeks to show up after your mc... so in short, i'd wait a week or longer to test.

good luck!

It's very tricky to know on your first cycle as you don't know when and if you ov'd. Your hormones can be all over the place too.

All you can do I guess is either wait it out or test weekly until either you get a bfp or your af arrives.

Sorry there's no definate answer :flower:

hx

thanks hb1 and hannah

I tracked my hcg levels after m/c and went negative 28th feb. Think will wait and week and take anouther. Maybe buy different test from shops.

First of all, Im really sorry for your loss Cutelou.

This is a difficult one, If you did ovulate after MC it may be that you have caught again but its too early to test. Or the symptoms may just be coincidence and your AF may just be taking a while to come (can be around 4-6 weeks after misc and needs to be at least 3 weeks after to be classed as AF as I understand it).

Might be worth waiting a few more days and try an different test too. Did they confirm that both babies had deinitely gone on USS?? No chance that one went but the second twin hung on is there?

Its so different for each person its really difficult to find a definite answer which Im sure is as annoying for everyone else as it is for me!!

Hope you have an answer soon!!

XXXXX

Thanks Tanzo, sorry for your loss

i had a scan on 26th Feb to say that my uterus was fine, and all signs of the babies had gone, so a complete natural miscarriage had happened. i have bought anouther shop bought test today, to use on saturday morning. I have been trying to work out in my mind when i first got symptoms last time to the point when i got a positive, and i think it was 6 to 7 days, so thinking a re-test at the weekend.....its just so confusing!

It is so confusing!! :headspin:

Defo worth a retest at the weekend like you say. Isnt all the waiting so frustrating!! Makes me want to scream!! :hissy:

Let us know what you find on testing yeah?? Good luck hun. :hugs:

So sorry for your loss... When I miscarried Jan 17th, D&C performed, I was told my AF could take up to 8 weeks to return! Usually 4-6 is what I had been told was the normal, if anything about a m/c is normal. Anyway, Feb 3 and 10 negative HPT after blood test on Jan 27 showed level of 60. So I thought I was good to go, doc advised waiting for emotional reasons, but my hubby was being deployed and I didn't want to waste any time. So we decided to give it a go as soon as I stopped bleeding. Well, on Feb 15 I had a pos HPT and then had them all week after, though very faint on each one, all different brands. I had symptoms and everything! Well, went in to get blood, got a level of 4, so gray area but considered neg, but with my recent D&C they redrew in a week and a 3. Then I FINALLY had my AF March 9th. Doc told me at my last blood draw that he suspected a chemical pregnancy had taken place between the neg HPT and the pos ones... :-( So I understand how you feel! Definitely test again and keep us posted! Hope it is your BFP sticky bean! Fingers crossed for you!

AF appeared last night, after a faint postive in the morning, so guess was evaporation line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->