A little HBA2C inspiration.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
A beautiful video account of a mother's journey to HBA2C
:cloud9:

*warning* contains detailed scenes of 2 c sections before her home water birth

https://vimeo.com/5648654

Beautiful. This is why I want a home birth.

I was crying my eyes out this morning!!! So emotional. So sad to see her not noticing her daughters meeting :cry:

I haven't even got to the end yet, only half way through her second section.. and I've had to walk away for a bit. I'm so upset about the laid bare brutal sections> I need a break. I'm not usually shy of reality, but I can't take that at the moment¬! What on earth do we do to each other as human beings!?

I haven't even got to the end yet, only half way through her second section.. and I've had to walk away for a bit. I'm so upset about the laid bare brutal sections> I need a break. I'm not usually shy of reality, but I can't take that at the moment¬! What on earth do we do to each other as human beings!?

My husband walked over to me yesterday when I was watching the first section and he came up to me and said "what the hell are you watching?!" like it looked pretty horrific from where he was sat. I was like, that's what they did to me :cry: the second one we was both watching with jaws on the floor, the way they literally pull the baby out, it looks like they are going to rip the poor things head off. I felt so happy for the lady achieving her homebirth in the end, what a difference.

I struggled watching the sections. To think of how the surgeons handle you and your baby! And I was under GA too so god knows how I was treated! Makes me feel sick, angry, emotional for the wrong reasons.
Of course c-sections have a place for emergencies but geez, that is major surgery that I never want to go through again.

The Water-birth was so much better to watch, of course there is blood but the whole experience looked relaxing and so much more beneficial.

Thank you to Alexandra for making her experience public. And of course to the MW who were amazing support to her decision too.

Thanks for sharing it on BnB. I hope lots of women take the time to watch it.

Sorry ladies i should have added a warning about the raw content showing the sections. I've edited the first page now.
:flower:

WOW I feel so privileged to have watched it! I’m glad that I got to the good bit!
Made me cry so much!

And you know what it made me think about..?
Those things that people say; such as “your brave having a home birth”, I don’t care how baby gets here” and “there are no medals for how you give birth”

Well I think it is brave going for section and those women make the ultimate sacrifice (cant think of another word for it) > and if there were medals given out: I would be giving them to the VBAC ladies> YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL! That is true belief and faith in your bodies.

Thank you so much for posting MM!

Xxx

thats very inspiring it made me have tears in my eyes thanks for sharing

I found this before on some of my daily rummagings, but coudn't remember where! man, did I cry buckets at that!

It was brutal and hard to watch, especially knowing that that is what was done to me and Imogen (or worse, as no-one was filming it and they tore my uterus a bit with the force), but I thought it was actually brilliant that they do have a record of all their births.

For me, the worst part of the whole thing was being behind the screen and not able to see what was going on. She was held over for us to see for a split second and then whipped away to get checked and suctioned out of sight, and it was probably only about a minute at the most, but it felt like hours, with me desperately straining my ears to hear any indication she was OK. Then DH was invited over to trim the chord and lift her, he brought her straight to me but again that time alone felt like an eternity and I was the last person in the room to properly see her. I'll never get that back. Anyway, my point is that being removed from the action may seem the kindest thing to prevent trauma but I think it sometimes causes worse trauma. If (god forbid) it ever went that way again, I think I'd ask for the screen to be removed, or at least have it filmed so I could watch it when I felt ready. watching this has helped me face something about what was done to us, I don't know why but I think knowledge is better than imaginging.

I think the lady's DH was amazing, being able to stay calm enough to film it for her and be so positive for her - what a rock. I loved his reaction when she homebirthed too, that was so lovely! He was so proud of her.

I was so glad to see the happy ending, their faces say it all, it inspires me all the more to get my HBAC. It's brilliant that they made this film to inspire others, too.

The only thing that annoyed me a wee bit was how noisy the midwives were immediately after birth and how they butted straight in, but I know it would have been quite something for that couple to find supportive midwives for a HBA2C in the first place, so that's just a minor thing in the grand scheme of things!

Thanks for posting and letting me watch this again, MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->