A little late but...my 2nd positive induction

Twag

Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3
Reaction score
Birth story:

So I was booked in to be induced 11/11 @ 11am so we got to the antenatal ward & were given a private room which was lovely I was monitored for 30mins then they brought in a pro-press & prostiglandin tablet depending on what my cervix was doing depended on which was I was induced
They checked me and I was 2cm so I had the prostoglandin tablet &#128077;
They popped that in and I was monitored again for an hour! In this time I started getting some light contractions
After monitoring I was allowed to get up and move around as soon as I did the contractions got stronger
I sent dh off to get some lunch as mine was coming

After lunch they were getting more and more frequent and stronger so I decided to use my tens as they were stopping me in my tracks!

I continued on with the tens and then they were really starting to come thick and fast so called midwife back to check me and I was only 3cm this was about 3pm!
She said I could have some pain relief or try carry on with the tens and a birthing ball and when tens was no longer working to call her back so I did

In this time we were told delivery was packed and I may have to deliver in the room we were in :-\

Anyway I carried on and at 5.30 it was too much the pain was immense I could not stand or move so she checked me and I was 4/5cm we discussed it all and I decided against my better judgement and I was knackered (the pain really took it out of me) to have pethadine! I was injected and left for 30mins for it to kick in whilst they tried to get me into delivery!
They came back and had a room yay but by now I was dizzy and in agony pethidine provided no relief between contractions as they were one after the other no time to rest so I was wheeled over to delivery

As soon as I got onto the bed in delivery I threw up and the contractions were insane!
I was still fully clothed at this point in pjs!

Suddenly I felt a pop and my waters went I screamed my waters have gone and I am pushing her head was coming dh and the midwife had to rip my pj bottoms off me!!
I then had some gas & air (which didn't work this time at all too late in the game I think) and pushed and out she came very fast in a huge gush of waters crying and pooping!

She came straight onto my tummy and then they got out my placenta and i was bleeding a fair bit! So they were keeping an eye on that!

I have a 2nd degree internal tear I think due to her coming so quickly

I then threw up again whilst they stitched me up!

I was allowed to go home if I wanted so we decided yes as hated the maternity ward last time but I wasn't allowed to leave until I had peed so I went had a shower and managed a wee which was a big thing with a 2nd degree tear!! I thought I did quite well but apparently it wasnt enough and they needed me to pee again before I was allowed to leave!!! Dohh

Well this proved difficult as all liquid I was taking in was coming straight back out I was exorcist style vomiting (never did with Elliot ) finally after them forcing me to drink sweet tea I managed a wee and it was just enough so we were allowed home!

We got home at 12.30am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->