a little stressed... okay no A LOT stressed

domesticdiva

Reaction score
:(
So I have 3 kiddos already 5,3 & 1 and expecting #4 and also babysit a family member, a 2 yo. So I am just exhausted as it is...
My oldest her bday party is booked for this Saturday, and parent teacher is this week, also dh's evening shift week which is always stressful, and I have my first dr appt this week as well my daughter has a dr appt at the same time for a needle, I'm an aesthetician so I have clients this week around my babysitting schedule, Blah, blah you get the point, we're busy.. anyway...

now dh and I have more stress.. so scared! Only 6 days after I got my bfp I made dh go to the hospital with a concern and they found out he had something wrong. Did an u/s the next day and confirmed he has a testicular tumor. Not sure at this moment whether it is cancerous or not.. He was called with cat scan & another test appt. for Thurs morn. the same time as my dr appt & dd's. Anyway we worked out a sitter for that so neither of us will miss our appts. Though I want to be able to go with him. But he also has a dr. appt in the afternoon, the big one, where they will inform us more & again the sitter, I will be able to go to this one. We are terrified. Also he HAS to have that testicle removed, we already know that, and they will be booking it at that appt. Should be really soon. So dh will be healing from that for a while & well now we are terrified he may also have to do a cancer treatment :( He's transferring to a new job position at his work in 2 wks, so timing couldn't have been worse either, but he has informed them and they fully understand. Anyway ugh, my pregnant hormones, I'm so scared :( So I am just sucking everything up and not complaining about the fun early stage of pregnancy because I feel bad he's so uncomfortable too. Feeling very alone. He's only 26 this isn't fair :(
Guess god made this pregnancy happen right at the right time, because he will prob get the other snipped while they're at it... had he been diagnosed with this sooner I prob never would have convinced him to have #4 and i wouldn't be pregnant right now.

Oh hun...I'm so sorry that you are going through this! How stressful it must be!!! I will say that the good thing about this health issue with your husband...is usually the outcome is much better in men when they are younger. Does this make sense? We have a VERY close family friend who is going through stage 4 colon cancer...he was diagnosed 2 years ago...at only 40 years old (which is very young for colon cancer)....he has had SO much strength to fight it, than if he were 10-20 yrs older (when its usually diagnosed). All this to say that I will be praying for you...and I'm sure your husband will be ok. I know its cliche to say...but God never gives us more than we can handle. And you are right that God has His perfect timing with things! Baby #4 is obviously meant to be here, and to be part of your wonderful family! God Bless...and will be thinking of you & your husband during this difficult time! Please keep us updated!!!!

Wow, you really are going through a ton of stuff right now! Testicular cancer generally affects younger men, that's why it's happening now, though I am very sorry it is happening to your husband! The good news is that it's very treatable.

You sound like such a strong woman and I just know you'll get through this. Just remember to take some time out for yourself when you can, even if it's just a quiet 5 minutes with a cup of tea. :hugs:

Thanks ladies!
I also say that often, God doesn't give you anything you can't handle.
If God takes you to it he will see you through it.
I just feel so badly for him & just scared of Thursday's news. I also read that it is one of the most treatable, so for that we are thankful. I just hope he doesn't have to go through a lot of harsh treatments. I don't want him getting depressed on me either :(
Thank though girls it truely is nice to have support here!
I thought I was worried enough when I was only worried about my pregnancy... someone prooved me wrong lol

Wow, that is a lot at once. You my lady are a very strong woman! I wanted to extend my prayers for you and your family. I also know a couple that in their twenties went through testicular cancer. He is doing very well and runs marathons. They are actually expecting their first bundle of joy. I am so happy for them.

:hugs:

Wow, that is a lot at once. You my lady are a very strong woman! I wanted to extend my prayers for you and your family. I also know a couple that in their twenties went through testicular cancer. He is doing very well and runs marathons. They are actually expecting their first bundle of joy. I am so happy for them.

:hugs:

it's good to hear stories like this
thanks so much, I can't wait till all this is history...

Wow really sorry to hear this but stay positive and positive things will happen! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and all the best to your husband :hugs: xx

Stay positive hun, you've got this far, who's to say you won't come out the other end happy? xxx

thanks everyone
well his surgery is booked for Dec 2nd, his other scans came back with good news, doesn't appear to have any cancer in his body, best news of the week. So as of yet we don't know if the tumor is benign (sp?) or malignant, won't know until after the surgery, but main thing is to get it out now so it doesn't spread and keep it from getting injured in the mean time. Poor guy got kicked by out 18 month old this am. And it's been causing so much pain, getting worse by the day, so I feel bad he has to wait that long. In the mean time he's working from home today and next week, and then on disability until recovery is done (2-3 wks after surgery, so he'll be out till around the end of Dec/early January probably based on days they are closed at Christmas anyway. We were so paniked with the new job he's starting, but they are understanding and giving him all the time he needs, so just to start with them when he returns now. Also turns out disibility will be covering 100% for up to 16 weeks (which obviously he won't be taking that long) but that was a relief, we were worried for a huge pay cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->