A little worried. Any thoughts?

manduh726

She calls me momma
Reaction score
I had stopped testing for ovulation or pregnancy since my husband and I bought and moved into our house in July. Last week and this week I decided to test both. Of course with no shock I am not pregnant but the ovulation tests on the test line show nothing.

Usually I have a faint line. I have never not had a line in the test for ovulation. (Then again I have never had a positive ovulation test) Is this normal for nothing to come up? Is this a bad sign when I normally have one even if its faint? :cry:

I think I might be getting worked up over nothing but I want to ask before I start to full panic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Manduh! It depends on where you are in your cycle. I normally use the ClearBlue digital, as I don't like the confusion of the lines on the others. But this cycle, I decided to get some with lines as well, just to have a backup (and be able to see the progress). I'm about a week or so past ovulation (I think), and the line is becoming so light, that it is almost disappearing. I would guess if I were to test again in a couple days, it may not be there at all.

I was using the dollar tree tests. Is it normal to get ones with no line at all? In the three years I have been testing I never didn't get some kind of line.

I was using the dollar tree tests. Is it normal to get ones with no line at all? In the three years I have been testing I never didn't get some kind of line.

I'd say it's possible at the beginning of your cycle and near the end of your cycle. Sounds like it's out of the norm for you if you always get at least a faint line, but I wouldn't worry. If it were like that throughout your whole cycle, I'd be concerned. But I don't think it's uncommon to have no line at the beginning and end of a cycle. Do you know where you're at in your cycle? If you think you "should" be nearing O, just keep testing...see if a line starts to pop up soon. You're probably getting worked up over nothing, and you'll see a line start to pop up soon. :)

You mentioned that you've never had a pos OPK before? Before you guys were busy with your house, did you happen to ever chart your BBT to confirm that you were O'ing?

I have PCOS and so my cycles are never the same. I tried charting a few times but it became so frustrating I stopped. I even tried tempting but it was so up and down it wasn't readable. So now I randomly test just to see because its so depressing. I need to get back with my doctor just been so busy with life.

I have PCOS and so my cycles are never the same. I tried charting a few times but it became so frustrating I stopped. I even tried tempting but it was so up and down it wasn't readable. So now I randomly test just to see because its so depressing. I need to get back with my doctor just been so busy with life.

Oh ok, I have heard that PCOS can mess with the ovulation tests, so maybe thats what's going on right now..?

There are solutions for women with PCOS, which I'm sure you've already discussed w/ your doc at some point. Keep your chin up! I just started my second cycle of Clomid.

When things settle down in my life I will make a doctors appointment. I had already discussed it with her a while back but its been almost 3 years of trying time to get serious. Just so nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->