A name you love, but can't use, for whatever reason..

I really wanted Summer but Summer Summerlee is a bit cruel!

Jack - But Hubbys cousin has used it and its so popular!

It is my grandads name and hubbys grandad. xx

Benjamin- love it but just feel I can't call my son Benjamin Franklin. Sounds like we're naming him aftr the US scientist.

Girls
Keira my friends dog
Isobel my friends daughter is Isabella
Hannah - My friends name
Araminta - because nobody likes it but me
Elizabeth - Friends daughter
Amelia - too popular and a girl I used to hate
Soozie - work with 2 suzannes
Ava - Since Myleene class called hers this its become way too popular. I have liked this since I saw an Ava Gardener film 15 years ago!

Boys
Finlay/Finn - surname Lee. Scared if child has lisp it may sound funny
Nathanial - Friends boyfriends name is Nathan.
James - but hate shorten version Jim/Jimmy etc
William - too popular

I really love the name Cole for a boy and have wanted it for ever but my married surname is now Coles and Cole Coles is just too cruel!!!

I'd like Mitchell for a boy, as it was my maiden name, but OH has a right bee in his bonnet about using surnames as first names.
I love Hermione, but this has been ruined by Harry Potter... I also love Calliope but would hate to have her known as Cally-ope.
One of my all-time faves for a boy is Loki which I'm sure would be just asking for trouble, given that he was the god of mischief!!

My friend's oh changed his name to Loki by deed poll - he changed his surname too, to mean son of the riverbank

Sara.. because my LO is named Tegan.

Google Tegan and Sara :lol:

ETA I do LOVE LOVE LOVE Tegan and sara the band though :lol:

we can't use James as my OH's previous partner had a M/C at 17 weeks and they named him James. Its very sad...

i regret suggesting names for my sisters now as my mum used them - emily, hannah and jessica

also i'm a teacher and so every name OH suggests i don't like because of some annoying/naughty little kid i've taught!

its a nightmare!

Charlie----hubby doesn't like the name what so ever. I love it and wanted to call our son that, but he said no.:cry: and I don't no why.

Skylar for a girl -- name of the girl my ex cheated on me with...bad memories.
MacKenzie -- its my little sisters name -- she's adopted and i named her :[ Aghhh.
Brooke -- my boyfriends sisters name -- they didnt get along growing up...
Ember -- friends daughters name
Trista - friends daughters name
McKenna -- friends daughters name

I love the name Lucy but its my sisters name, so I compromised and called my baby Olivia Lucie (middle name, different spelling!)

Our married surname is Lara, so for obvious reasons I can't use it as a first name; but it also rules out names like Laura, Laila, Lucy, Lulu, Lorna, and most other names beginning with L.

It's a shame, because most of my favourite names begin with L :p

Can't use Jack or Anna, because they're in the family already, and we have three languages to run the name by before we can settle, in case it's not pronouncable in one of them :eek:

We both love Stella for a girl, but here in Belgium, the first association is the beer for everyone :(

We both love Stella for a girl, but here in Belgium, the first association is the beer for everyone :(
My mum's family are Belgian, and my cousins have such beatiful names. I love so many of the Flemish/Dutch names; like Thijs and Lijntje, but how would English people pronounce them?

Thij-iss and Li-gent-jah. It's just not acceptable ;)

Heh. Well, I'm not trying for Belgian names really as we are Hungarian and American w. Swedish origin couple, so it is hard enough to take into account all those sides, but I want something that does not sound totally weird to the Belgians, and since we are in Brussels, we have to please both the French and the Flemish speaking sides.

Quite a daunting task.

I love the name Guilianni, but can't use it because my husband hates it. Says it reminds him of Rudy Guilianni.... so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->