A name you love, but can't use, for whatever reason..

I LOVED the name Holly but couldn't have it as my last name is Dace...

think about it....

'So where are you going on your summer HollyDace!'

prob Harris or Lewis as s runs into bunker and sounds like spunker :( even tho oh other son is thomas ?? :s

Loved the name Grace, every one of my girl dolls was called it since I was 2! But with OH surname it sounds like "Grey Slyme". I can't do that to the poor child!

Also Lily, but again doesn't go with the surname. Schucks.

I love Enid Patience but we're having a boy and OH vetoed it for any girls in the future...boo!

Mind you I vetoed Jack for this one as its far too common.

I love Enid Patience but we're having a boy and OH vetoed it for any girls in the future...boo!

Mind you I vetoed Jack for this one as its far too common.
Pfft, my husband's been vetoing every name I ever loved. He's very fussy.

But he's also very fickle, because six months later he'll say, "why isn't Grace on the table?"

I'll remind him that he previously vetoed it, and then he'll remember and say, "oh yeah, you're right, I don't like it".

I should learn to keep my mouth shut!

every other name I love just sounds silly with our surname. It's depressing when you have 1000 names and you STILL can't find one you can agree on :rolleyes:

Ben but our last name is bennett and it just dont sound right!

Taliesin for a girl, till someone pointed out to me it was a boys name :dohh:
Catrin - OH's surname is Cooke!!!!!
Osian - OH said it sounded like ocean.....
everyone and their dog has done Angharad or Cellan
really liked the welsh way for ava (Efa) till my sis said people would pronounce it effa!!!!)
ella - cousin
Madison - niece
Huw - uncle
Gareth - cousin

think im going to have to trawl some baby name sites for inspiration lol

Felix because people would associate it with the cat and I bought a cat outfit for the baby a few days ago lol.

Most of the other names I like I can't use because people think they're too weird, I already know someone with the same name or someone else says they know someone they don't like with the name. >.<

I love the name Simon, but it would rhyme with my surname!

Oh yeah, I can't have B names, BO, or H names for a girl, HO! :dohh:

Hera. She was the mother of Hebe in greek mythology but I think people will think I've lost it.....

I think I got away with Hebe as 'unusual' but not 'weird'...I think if I threw Hera in I would tip them both towards the 'weird' end of the scale! :lol:

I love greek mythology names, like demeter, aphrodite, athena etc...but husband doesnt sadly! If you like hera, and so does your OH...go for it! its a lovely name :D

I don't think it would be weird.. I think they're both gorgeous names!

I love the names Athena and Alina but steve thinks they sound crap because we already have Anais

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->