A question for American gals

Yeah, the bacon here is rubbish. Although I do like that it's cooked so crispy! I miss back bacon though.

Yeah, the bacon here is rubbish. Although I do like that it's cooked so crispy! I miss back bacon though.

All I've ever had is the fatty kind, and man is it delicious....But I eat Primal Blueprint style which includes plenty of animal fat....fat is good.

https://www.smittenbybritain.com/you-sound-like-youre-from-london/

I disagree with a couple of these, like I've never heard a scarf called a muffler.

Oh, i have a question while you are all still here... why do you put marshmallow in casserole? Is casserole the same as the English ones and what does it taste like?!

Ohh, one more... why can't you buy a bacon sandwich in America?(maybe you can, just i couldn't find one) Why is bacon only in teeny tiny pieces and used as a topping on stuff? x
Most casseroles don't have marshmallows; the only one I can think of is sweet potato but it usually has brown sugar and oats as well and is made to be fairly sweet. You can get BLTs some places here. Bacon is common on things like burgers though.

Pumpkin help :)

I'm planning on buying extra pumpkins for baking. i've made a pumpkin pie once (many years ago) but it went horribly wrong. This year i want to make other pumpkin recipes(muffins/bread/pancake etc) as well as a pie, i was just wondering, how far does 1 med/large pumpkin go? Many of the American recipes say puree or the canned stuff (that is like gold dust here and i've only ever seen it in a can 1 time). I'm trying to work out how many to buy for eating so i can get some before they sell out for Halloween.

Any guesses?

thanks x

My local Waitrose sells canned pumpkin if that is any help!

If only they did canned candied yams, then we'd be talking!

I'd say one medium pumpkin baked and puréed would be about the same as a can.

Are yams like sweet potatoes? There's a recipe on BBC food for candied sweet potatoes- looks gross. lol. Can't wait for the xmas/thanksgiving TV movies, i'm always looking to see what they've got on their plates. lol i'm getting hungry again.

Are yams like sweet potatoes? There's a recipe on BBC food for candied sweet potatoes- looks gross. lol. Can't wait for the xmas/thanksgiving TV movies, i'm always looking to see what they've got on their plates. lol i'm getting hungry again.

Candied yams are amazing baked with mini marshmallows on top served with a roast dinner, I share the american's like of sweet with savoury though!! Yeah theyre sweet potatoes, not sure if they're a certain type or just a different name.

im prettty sure your talking busiquits but starbucks scones are pretty much that with some stuff thrown in..

i would look up bisquits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->