A question for nappy makers

tannembaum

Little Elsie bums mum!
Reaction score
If i was to make a nappy am I right in thinking I should do a fleece inside layer followed by PUL and then what ever fabric I want on the outside? Oh and obviously a stuffable insert between the fleece and PUL?

Yep, that's right, make sure when you sew them all together that your inner layer of fleece isn't touching any of the outside fabric though, even the tinist little bit and it will wick! I found that out the hard way lol

Thanks for the tip :)
I can't really get my head around how to avoid that though?!! Do you make the fleece slightly smaller or the PUL bigger??
The last time I sewed was in Yr 8 when t he school makes you sew a pillow so this will be some adventure lol!!

Did you make the shape up or did you use a template?? I was gonna copy a CT shape as it seems relatively easy.

I usually cut the inside fleece and outside fabric a tiny bit smaller than the PUL which I found works for the way I sew them, it might be worth getting a cheap bit of shower curtain or something to try a few practice runs first, I personally find doing a printed PUL on the outside and just the inner is much easier lol :)

The first few that I did I used a template from the lucky sprog - https://luckysprog.com/?page_id=882 but found that the make quite big nappies so have since played about a bit with the same sort of shape to get a good fit.

Hope it goes well for you! it's very satisfying when someone says a nice comment about one of the babies nappies and you can say you made it :)

I deconstructed a swaddlebee who's pul had given up and used that to work out how they all went together, then chose a nappy that I knew fitted her well as a template. Surprisingly tricky to get accurate measurements though! :)

Lucky sprog have some lovely PUL prints.

Lucky sprog have some lovely PUL prints.

Yeah they do, and they are so quick to get the stuff out as well, they had all their plain coloured PUL down to £2.50 for a meter and a half by half a meter last week so I stocked up lol, got 3 different colours! That will keep me busy for a bit :thumbup:

I spotted pocket bots have got some nice ones too. I just wish we could get more pul fabrics in the uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->