• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A question for those who've had previous episiotomy

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Three years ago I had forceps delivery and an episiotomy, this morning when I woke up I went to the toilet and after standing up I felt a bit of pain down below, reminded me of the pain after recovery from the episiotomy (of course not quite as bad) it was pressure where the scar tissue is.

After a while it went away but when I got up off the sofa to stand up it happened again, has anyone else experienced this with second + pregnancys after having an episiotomy, is it something I should be concerned about? Should I mention it to my midwife when I next see her?

Experiences and opinions welcome :flower:

I had an episiotomy and forcept delivery with my first ... she was 10lb 11oz (ouchy)
i didn't have any extra pain with any subsequent births and only had small tears that didn't need stitches...
Although saying that everyone is different, so it doesn't harm to mention your concerns to your midwife xx

I had an episiotomy with my first however its not something that caused me pain in my second pregnancy and with him I only had stitches for a tear I haven't had any pain from the episiotomy in this pregnancy either, like babesx3 said I would give ur midwife a call discuss it with her!

If i were you id mention it. I had forceps and a episiotomy with my DS and i can't say its causing me any issues at all for this pregnancy.

Thanks ladies. I did think it was a bit strange.

Can I ask you ladies how long it took for your episiotomies to heal completely? I was still suffering with pain when my DD was about 18 months old.

I think I will chat with the midwife.

Umm .... hmm hard for me to remember now. But i do recall taking up to about a year before i felt 'normal' down there in general. I definitely wasn't back to normal after 6 weeks like i was told I would be.

i can't really remember, definitely longer than 6 weeks but under 6 months i think about 3 months to heal properly x

I've had random pain with my episiotimy scar not pregnant, and it was years and years after the actual birth. I posted about it on here actually. I haven't had any problems with it since I've been pregnant, but the pain did go away eventually and didn't come back. It almost felt raw and maybe like I had torn it a little somehow. There never was any kind of wound though. Just the pain.

I had the same with DS1, forceps and episiotomy as well as a nasty tear. I got an infection in my stitches too which was much more painful than delivering my son! Once I had antibiotics though I felt fine. By my six week check it wasn't giving me any trouble, I didn't notice it at all other than the first few times we DTD. I've had no awareness of it this time at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->