A question for those with placenta previa (or have had it in past pregnancies)

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Did you get told not to have sex?

No one has mentioned anything to me. I have got an appointment with the consultant on Friday, but logic tells me if I had to avoid it then they would have mentioned it at my scan.

Also is it sex or is it an orgasm that is the issue?

generally people do get told not to, as it can aggravate the bleeding with all the prodding n stuff in there.

At my 1st visit nothing said we googled and as you can imagine saw the worse
Spoke to my hv who said rest but i have one of those oh who won't take anyones word but doc so when i went for 2nd visit i said what kind of rest ect and she said no sex/orgasms and other things

Sex as you can well oh can lol touch cervix and jiggle things about which could cause further bleeding plus oh juice and soften cervix

Orgasm I think is because some toxin your body releases can soften cervix but only if it's ready if you get me or it would be no sex for 9 months

Pop over to 3rd tri am sure if going by when i had my lo there will be loads of women from about 37 dtd like rabbits lol

From what i read anything that puts pressure on your cervix is a no no, but i haven't been told not to stop doing anything. Its really confusing as i dont want to do anything that puts this baby in danger.

i had it in my last pregnancy &my doctor very strongly stopped me from sex.......until the placenta goes up its better to avoid sex.

I was told not to by consultant at 24wk scan but he didnt mention it at 20. I think if placenta doesnt move round (and most do!)its more dangerous after about 27wk x

This is my 2nd pregnancy and have had many issues, one being a placenta previa. I was told to basically not have sex and stay off my feet as much as possible. I also did have a short cervix, may have been caused by too much activity, but has over a few days lengthened back out to normal for 20 weeks at 3.3cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->