A suggestion re cloth nappy posts v. all other natural parenting posts

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
OK, I like to spend a few minutes of a morning browsing through the natural parenting threads ... but most the time, all I ever find is questions and answers re cloth nappies. I'm not dissing this, as I know what a minefield the whole cloth nappy thing is. BUT what I am suggesting is that the natural parenting forum is split into one section on cloth nappies and a second section on everything else relating to natural parenting. What do you all think? I might suggest it to the moderators if others on here think it's a good idea.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with it as it is, but I might be completely alone in that!

It's just that most of the natural forum is full of cloth nappy info, which is fine, except there is more to natural parenting than cloth nappies. I just wonder whether some people might find it offputting and not explore the threads any further if they think the only thing it's about is cloth nappies. There's all sorts of other info and questions out there, but it kind of gets swamped by the nappy stuff, so if you only ever read the first page of threads, you may well only see a list of nappy questions. But if everyone else thinks it's fine, then maybe it's just me.

Hmm. It doesn't bother me (probably because I come here for the cloth mostly :lol: ) but a quick glance down the front page and I can see how nappy talk really dominates. I see what you mean, Colsy.

Yeah, I do see what you mean actually. Maybe it would be good? -x-

This is part of the reason why a new nappy FAQ sticky is being made up, most of the posts are questions being asked that can be answered via the FAQ

This is part of the reason why a new nappy FAQ sticky is being made up, most of the posts are questions being asked that can be answered via the FAQ

Aha, somebody got there before me then! Cheers, Arcanegirl :)

I do agree, but also, I don't tend to see too many posts relating to other aspects either so I would worry that the section of "everything else" might not get too much attention if you get me? xx

Now that I'm a mini cloth addict I don't notice the skew as much but when I first started coming here and wasn't the slightest bit interested in cloth it did feel more like I was hanging around in a Reusable Nappy Forum rather than a natural parenting one. Made me feel like a bit of an outsider because I saw no personal use for me in those threads and the babywearing co-sleeping BLW ones seemed to disappear pretty fast. But like I said now that I AM interested in cloth it's different but I can definitely see how having two different forums might be a good idea... on the other hand, like they've said - would there be enough traffic to support a natural parenting forum without the cloth diaper threads?

I would tend to agree - about 36 out of 40ish threads are currently cloth nappy related. Don't get me wrong I'm a cloth nappy girl too - I just kinda think of this as the cloth nappy sections with a few random baby carrier threads chucked in.

I would tend to agree - about 36 out of 40ish threads are currently cloth nappy related. Don't get me wrong I'm a cloth nappy girl too - I just kinda think of this as the cloth nappy sections with a few random baby carrier threads chucked in.

Yep, same here. I've used cloth nappies since my son was three days old, but that's not why I come to the Natural Parents forum. (Am also fascinated by how many posts the subject of cloth nappies can generate. I think I'm in the minority for just using one type of nappy and not really being the slightest bit interested in them - I just use them and they usually work and that's about it, LOL!)

i agree with the OP. On my othe forum it is basically ALL NP and there is so many other topics and it is a releif it seems that cloth nappies is the least gabbed about lol It did make me feel like an outsider when i first started coming here as i didnt use cloth but did all the other NP things. But maybe it opened my mind more to cloth :shrug: i think there would be more traffic once it was established

hmm i dont think its that big of a deal tbh, i mean cloth nappies are part of natural parenting so to give them their own section seems a bit stupid to me :blush:

x

hmm i dont think its that big of a deal tbh, i mean cloth nappies are part of natural parenting so to give them their own section seems a bit stupid to me :blush:

x

So is BFing and it has its own section :flower:

Thankyou, I'm glad you said that. I just think that if we give cloth nappies their own section, then the rest of the ideas that are discussed on the natural parenting section will get a chance to shine and I think may well encourage more readers. Because TBH, each time I pop in here I just think 'geez let's talk about something else just for a second' - and that's coming from somebody who is HUGELY pro-cloth nappy.

is it possible to have a subsection within natural parenting perhaps??

I dunno tbh, as someone who's still fairly new to cloth and does have questions this thread just makes me think I shouldn't post about nappies because I'm just pissing everyone off now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->