A unique situation...

Baby Love

One of two mommies :-)
Reaction score
I have been posting on here for (most of the last) 24 hours or so now...! And thought I would explain a little more about my situation. My OH is a woman (as am I) and so our baby is going to have two mommies :blush:
We already have a daddy lined up (a really good friend of ours), and he is going to be involved in our child's life as a father figure.
Clearly I am biased but I think that our child will be happy, loved and have all the things that any other child has :flower:
I guess I just want to know if anyone else out there is going through the same thing as us, or if not, any advice or thoughts you might have anyway!
I like being honest with people from the start, because I am who I am and the fact that I married a woman doesn't stop me from wanting to be a mommy :thumbup:

Any thoughts, questions or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome on the site so far...

Who would be the biological mummy? Or would you both try at the same time?

Go for it:thumbup:

I'm the mama lol! I want to be pregnant, my OH would be petrified! And thanks :)

Welcome to BnB hun :) There are quite a few same sex couples on this forum, all of whom seem lovely and I'm sure you'll chat to them at some point.

Hello :)

First of all, don't be afraid, there are a few same sex couples on here :)
Its nothing to be embarrassed about. most women want to be mothers regardless of their sexual orientation.
Your situation isn't exactly unique - it happens all the time :winkwink:
I'm not TTC because I already have my baby :) But if you have any questions ask away :)

i belive there is quite a few same sex mummies here

i wish you luck hun xx

Aww thanks girls! I don't feel embarrassed, I just haven't done this whole 'trying for a baby with a turkey baster' before...so I don't know what to expect and I'm curious to know what people think or how it's gone for couples who've done it before! :)
I hope I do find some same sex parents out there, it would be wonderful to share experiences...
Rafwife, your little bundle is so cute! And Tegans Mama, Tegan has the most adorable smile :)

Yes - There are quite a few 2 mummy families on here!
And ofcourse your child will be happy and loved!!!! :hugs:
xx

Thanks Stephwiggy! My dad was in the RAF before I was born. I forget where he was based lol...do you move around a lot?

Thanks Sun. Did I mention that your little Bun is the sweetest thing?! I bet you love that little bundle to pieces :)

Aww thanks girls! I don't feel embarrassed, I just haven't done this whole 'trying for a baby with a turkey baster' before...so I don't know what to expect and I'm curious to know what people think or how it's gone for couples who've done it before! :)
I hope I do find some same sex parents out there, it would be wonderful to share experiences...
Rafwife, your little bundle is so cute! And Tegans Mama, Tegan has the most adorable smile :)

Aw thanks hun, and good luck in your TTC journey :)

Thanks Sun. Did I mention that your little Bun is the sweetest thing?! I bet you love that little bundle to pieces :)

Thanks! I never thought I would love being a mummy so much! We actually planned on only having 1 and then getting enough money to move back to the city (Toronto). But as soon as we brought him home we looked at each other and said we wanted another! But close together if possible - hence the TTC in April/May. Can't wait!
xx

Never mind, Sun! I just read your other post. You're not that far from us at all then! We're thinking of moving nearer to Hamilton in a couple years so I can do a midwifery degree (it is just an idea right now, nothing set in stone)...
It would be awesome to meet up sometime maybe! I haven't made many friends since I moved here - am hoping a baby will change that! :)

Where are you at the moment? x

I'm in Ottawa!

OHs family lives here and we could afford a house - so we bought and moved! It was supposed to be a month before Bun was due, but he came a month early and was born in Toronto the day before I was supposed to move LOL

Hopefully we will be moving back in the next year or two though!
xx

Never mind, Sun! I just read your other post. You're not that far from us at all then! We're thinking of moving nearer to Hamilton in a couple years so I can do a midwifery degree (it is just an idea right now, nothing set in stone)...
It would be awesome to meet up sometime maybe! I haven't made many friends since I moved here - am hoping a baby will change that! :)

I am still back to Toronto frequently though!

Do you plan on having a midwife? I had one and she was my saviour during my birth. I know a few people that did a midwifery degree at Ryerson in Toronto and I toyed with the idea of doing it after my amazing experience. Though I know I wouldn't be very good at it - I'm too much of a stressball! I hope you get a chance to do it!

xx

Actually, the only thing that's stopping us trying now is that I don't have OHIP, lol. So if I could find someone who would see me through my pregnancy without a healthcard I would go for it! :) Don't suppose you know of anyone......?
We're going to Toronto on March 7th to pick my mum up from the airport; she's coming to visit from Wales for 2 weeks! I am so excited, I wish though that I could be pregnant when she comes...it would be awesome!!!
Everyone gets a midwife in England, I was shocked when I got here and found that it's not all that common!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->