A unique situation...

welcome to the forum! I wish you and your OH all the luck in the world!! Im sure you both will be lovely mama's! xx

I want a midwife and a home birth...bit daring with my first but I want my comforts around me, I don't really like hospital environments. So you had a midwife...was it a home birth? Any midwives in particular you'd recommend? :winkwink:

I hope my pregnancy will be straightforward as I am young, fit, healthy...I am already on prenatal vitamins (lol). As far as I'm concerned I'm good to go! I'm even at a point where I'd risk it without OHIP, but my wife won't hear of it, more's the pity...

Hope you're having a good day with your little munchkin :hugs:

I didn't have a home birth as our place at the time was too tiny and my OH was too nervous. I wouldn't have been able to do it in the end anyway since Bun was born a month early. I don't know if we would do a home birth this time around either - my last birth was great and I would be lucky for it to go as well again. Also there is a good chance that the next will also be early and you need to be 37 weeks to have a home birth. I absolutely have midwives I would recommend!!! But they are a little far from you in Toronto. Let me know if you want names and I can PM them to you!

I can see why she would want you to get on OHIP first though. We are lucky here - I don't even know how much medical care costs but I am sure its more than I have. It will be good to have just in case, though I am sure your pregnancy/labour will go well. :)

xx

It wouldn't hurt to make a few contacts in the field I'm sure :winkwink:, go ahead and PM me some names if you like! :winkwink:

I didn't know you had to be a certain number of weeks to have a home birth - I guess it makes sense when you think about it...

:hugs:

Okay now I'm the curious one. With the turkey baster method does the donor donate right than and there so it's fresh? :blush::haha: Sorry if thats a completely stupid question but I really don't know how it'd work. haha. Good luck to you when you try!! And welcome!! :hugs::hugs:

Okay now I'm the curious one. With the turkey baster method does the donor donate right than and there so it's fresh? :blush::haha: Sorry if thats a completely stupid question but I really don't know how it'd work. haha. Good luck to you when you try!! And welcome!! :hugs::hugs:

Hey there! Not a stupid question at all. But yes, the fresher the better I think! I read that sperm can die even within an hour once ejaculated :wacko:

Hey there! Not a stupid question at all. But yes, the fresher the better I think! I read that sperm can die even within an hour once ejaculated :wacko:

That's pretty interesting!! :thumbup: I honestly never knew this actually worked so I learn something new every day. haha. I wish you the best of luck when it comes time to start trying!! :hugs:

Hi hun, awww don't worry noone is mean here!

My best friend is that way inclined, I asked her when I was talking about trying for my own family what she would do (she isn't with anyone at the moment) she said she thinks when shes met the right person, as long as they agree that she will adopt, since she would rather give a child with no family a home and the idea of a turkey baster gives her the creeps :rofl:

:flower: I think having 2 mummies would be cool!

Hi hun, awww don't worry noone is mean here!

My best friend is that way inclined, I asked her when I was talking about trying for my own family what she would do (she isn't with anyone at the moment) she said she thinks when shes met the right person, as long as they agree that she will adopt, since she would rather give a child with no family a home and the idea of a turkey baster gives her the creeps :rofl:

:flower: I think having 2 mummies would be cool!

I've toyed with the idea of adopting too, but I think I want to carry at least one baby of my own! Turkey basters creep me out a bit too lol, but not as much as willies! :lol:

Hope you're having a good day :flower:

Thanks Stephwiggy! My dad was in the RAF before I was born. I forget where he was based lol...do you move around a lot?

More than most lol - we have been married for 5 years in march and have has 5 moves but 7 houses !!! seriously .. my dad is in the RAF too - its not such a bad life !! all teh best with yoru ttc - i am not sure of names but i knwo there are a few 2 mummy families ttc'ing atm - my mind has gone blank but there are are a few ttc jurnals xx

:rofl: Turkey baster.
The turkey baster method worked for us too :lol: We ttc for one month with two different donors. Can't say it was specifically *fun*, but it worked :lol:

Yay for turkey basters! Glad it worked so fast for you, hope it does when we start TTC :flower:
Hope you're having a good day x

We used a syringe :winkwink: :rofl: I would strongly advise against using an ACTUAL turkey baster :lol:

I had visions of some ones mother asking where the turkey baster was and being told it was in the bathroom :rofl:

:rofl: Turkey baster.
The turkey baster method worked for us too :lol: We ttc for one month with two different donors. Can't say it was specifically *fun*, but it worked :lol:

Yay for turkey basters! Glad it worked so fast for you, hope it does when we start TTC :flower:
Hope you're having a good day x

We used a syringe :winkwink: :rofl: I would strongly advise against using an ACTUAL turkey baster :lol:

Oooh, where do I get one of those? lol :wacko:

Hi babylove.

I can't say I'm in your situation.

But I can say that I am 100% certain you will be wonderful parents. I think anyone who plans their children, and cares enough to ask others opinions can only ever be a careful, caring person.

I know a few gay couples, and I know when their time comes to be parents they will be some of the best I know as they will have to put a lot more thought and effort into becoming a family than most same sex couples.

Good luck and I can't wait to see what a great family you will have.

Hi Babylove

Just wanted to wish you and your OH luck with ttc I am sure you both will be brill mummys, when do you plan to start ttc?

Hi Babylove

Just wanted to wish you and your OH luck with ttc I am sure you both will be brill mummys, when do you plan to start ttc?

Aww thanks! If I had my way we'd start now, but I have no healthcare yet so we are shooting for August on our anniversary :flower:

Good luck to you too! Sending lots of :dust: your way...

Welcome to b&b - it's a great forum, really friendly.

YOUR BABY IS JUST GOING TO HAVE EXTRA LOVE...NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT I WISH YOU LUCK:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->