a very lovely suprise!!

alibaba24

Reaction score
Well i went up to scbu today put her milk away done the hand washing etc turned around and there was Rosalie in her own little hot cot :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

she had 2 gold stars on her chart and she done fab with her bottle (they tried it first time through the night) I was just sooo pleased to see her in a little cot!!! I know its still heated for her but it just feels like shes taken such a jump since last night! with taking a bottle and being in a cot!

somehow with her being in the cot i feel kinda more like shes mine? :wacko: may seem strange but shes just there to touch and things :)

soooooooo chuffed :D

xxxx

Ahhhh! I remember the time Joseph went into his cot - you do feel more 'in touch' with them and it's great!!

Congratulations!!!:happydance:

Awww its another milestone for her.

Well done Rosalie xx

awww well done Rosalie 2 big milestones, thats fantastic. I remember going in on Mother's day to find Matthew in a cot and dressed it was the best present ever I was very emotional.

I know what you mean about her being more your own, you can pick her up for cuddles etc without feeling the need to ask and just being able to be that bit nearer feels great.

Next step.......managing to feed consistently and loosing the heated mattress and she'll be on her way home xx

It is a wonderful feeling to see the babies jump a major hurdle like this, isn't it :kiss: Our unit referred to it as "promotion", which was lovely.

awwwwwww thats fab news! :cloud9:

I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling like she's 'yours'. . .you can lean in and stroke her little face or talk to her and you know she's actually hearing you. . . .awwwwww im getting emotional!! :cloud9: :cloud9:

When Brooke first went into her hot cot, I started singing "you are my sunshine" to her at every opportunity. She used to stare up at me when I started singing, and even now a year on she still stops and looks-even settles if she's been crying! You could start reading quietly to her, singing, or just talking to her? :cloud9:

well done little Rosalie. . . .thats one HUGE step you just took! xx

Thats fantastic! I know exactly what you mean too. It does fell like they are more 'yours' when they are in a cot. It's amazing the progress they can make in one day x

Its also being able to dress them and it feels like your now doing some of the things your supposed to as a mum.
I was there when the twins were moved into cots. they went from incubator to a normal cot and we were told that if they got cold they would be moved into the heated cots but there was only one available at the time and the baby was due to go into a normal cot the next day as another baby and mummy was rooming in.. They ended up staying there and we was able to then slowly get them onto bottles... She will come on loads now

Its such an amazing feeling.. Well done again to your lovely girl xx

Completely know what you mean, i really started to bond with Neave properly when she was out of the incubator as you feel like you can hold them more without asking permission, congrats hun.xx

Thanks girls its lovely reading all your replies! And so nice talking to people who know what i mean and have experienced the same thing. I noticed a definate difference tonight the staff seemed a little more relaxed and just kinda left me to get on with mum things like nappy changing and getting cuddles! :) Also they had to turn her heated mattress down a little bit too :thumbup:

xx

Aww, that's lovely! Molly was only in an incubator for 24h and I remember crying when she went into a cot! Must be such a wonderful feeling for you :D

Well done Rosalie! x

Brilliant, well done, such a big step towards coming home :)

Lol.. Its actually nice to see it from a dads point of view!.

Lol.. Its actually nice to see it from a dads point of view!.

I think so too, theres a Dad who comes into scbu at the mo and he just looks so worried all the time but hes so hands on with the bubbas too its nice to see the Father bonding too i do sometimes think they get a bit forgotten about when a baby arrives...well my poor OH did anyway (not by me lol!)

xx

I absolutely love being a Daddy and love spending quality time with my little boy, although I find it difficult to prise him away from my OH for 'man time' with him!!!!:dohh:

I absolutely love being a Daddy and love spending quality time with my little boy, although I find it difficult to prise him away from my OH for 'man time' with him!!!!:dohh:

I had the same problem last night :rofl: Daddy got his first proper cuddle and it was coming on 10pm and i went to lift her to put her back in her cot and he was like noooo im getting a cuddle bless xxx

I remember that day. I looked across the room and the incubator was no longer there, just a heated cot. I went a bit coo coo looking for her incubator, and asked everyone where she was. They were like "She still there! Shes just in a cot!" :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->