Abnormal Blood test

crick2004

Reaction score
Hello,

I had blood work done at 14 weeks and they told me that I have an increased risk for my baby girl to be born with Turners Syndrome. I really wanted to do the Amniocentesis to find out if she had it but my husband did not want me to have it done due to the risk of miscarriage. So I chose not to. Now here I am....waiting.... driving myself nuts not knowing. I am only 24 weeks and I am so scared she is going to have it. Does anyone have a daughter with Turners syndrome or do you know someone with it? If so how are they doing?

This is my second pregnancy and I feel slightly disconnected, with this particular chromosome abnormality only 1-2% of babies make it full term...Majority pass before hand. I catch myself wondering when the last time she moved was. it's mentally exhausting preparing for a stillbirth when there could be absolutely nothing wrong. I kind of wish i did the amnio instead of listening to my husband.

Thanks for listening. :)

Hi, my baby doesn't have Turners but it is one of the things that we were told it could be. No one mentioned those statistics of mortality to us. There are a few women on here that know people with Turners who live perfectly normal lives for the most part. Hopefully they will see this post and be able to give you more info.

I just wanted to add, that you can still have an amnio after the miscarriage risk is passed. We had ours at 33 weeks as we knew at that point if worst case scenario and the membranes ruptured it would be early labour instead and at 33 weeks baby had a much better chance of surviving so if you are really struggling this is something you might be able to revisit later in your pregnancy.

Hugs its a very hard place to be

I worked in an endocrinology clinic briefly and saw many girls with turners. They needed growth hormone as they tend to be a bit short but honestly most of them you'd never know they had anything wrong. They were intelligent, beautiful, funny and sometimes naughty like any other kid. I had an amnio during my pregnancy so know how stressed you must be. You are most likely stressing over nothing, and your little girl is happy, healthy, and oblivious in your belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->