abnormal c-section scar?

Ashleigh21

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I had an ELCS almost 18 months ago. My scar is still VERY red and is quite raised, almost lumpy, it looks awful. It also gets really itchy and I get the occasional twinge which can be quite uncomfortable. I thought this was normal given it was such a big operation. However I was talking to my friend who had a c section 9 months ago and she said hers is barely visible. I know everyone heals differently but it's got me concerned. Should I get it checked out?

Hey, no worries, I'm in the same boat!! I had my section 27 months ago and only NOW half of it is "healed properly". Actually beginning to fade and flatten. As it's been raised, it's made me extremely cringey touching it (me or others) and just thinking about it. It will fade at some point. After seeing pics on here of sections 6 weeks PP, and barely there made me question mine x

1st pic was last month, 2nd is just now :) Wish I took a pic of it a few months ago.

Attachments

• 5qOmygS.jpg
    5qOmygS.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 15
  • GrV25y1fdgmGd4022emJPYAaZeinH7rrcv5Nftt22p4.jpg
    GrV25y1fdgmGd4022emJPYAaZeinH7rrcv5Nftt22p4.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm 16 months post c sec and my scar is exactly the same. Still raised and red (though not as angry looking) and itches like mad all the time! If i trap it in jeans/if LO jumps on me funny, it's actually pretty painful. I think it's normal though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->