abortion etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocokitten

Reaction score
just read racheldiggers thread about her OH being broodier and obvs admin have closed it.

I can understand why many would not want to discuss abortion, but I think its a bit strange that on a pregnancy/baby forum there is no board where it can be discussed??

It has been made to look like admin expect her to be ashamed of having an abortion or something.

Yes people have very different opinions and we all have to respect each other but it all seems a bit big brotheresque :shrug:

You agree to the rules when you sign up to BnB, and therefore threads like these only serve to inflame people and cause an argument.

There is a forum where it can be discussed, but only for ethical, not lifestyle choices. It's forum rules.

I agree that it may be useful to have threads such as this, but not if they are going to cause trouble. I am sure there are other forums where they are more widely discussed.

If it is the thread I think it was, she wasn't the one discussing it. Others had picked up on it and the thread was closed with the suggestion she reposted it without mentioning the abortion so it didn't go off topic?

Is that the thread you are talking about?

If it is the thread I think it was, she wasn't the one discussing it. Others had picked up on it and the thread was closed with the suggestion she reposted it without mentioning the abortion so it didn't go off topic?

Is that the thread you are talking about?

sounds like it.

exactly she hadn't discussed it, and everyone seemed to be getting on perfectly fine and being respectful, which is why i was suprised!

I suppose theres not much more i can say on the matter without being accused of "discussing abortion"....:nope:

i dont think abortion should be open for discussion... sore subject for too many people

You agree to the rules when you sign up to BnB, and therefore threads like these only serve to inflame people and cause an argument.

dont think they only serve to inflame people, she had a genuine dilemma and that was barely part of it so there was no argument?

I agree I dont see why theres any need for it to be discussed. As someone said above you agree to the terms when you join if you dont like them too bad :shrug:

I agree, it's an emotive topic and it has too much capacity to cause too much hurt. There are many places you can discuss it if you so wish, but personally I feel safer on the forum knowing this isn't one of them.

I'm not sure what the issue is? Are you offended on her behalf or just confused on the rules?
At the time it was felt that because the thread had only just started (and easily reposted) that it was preferable than the debate that could have ensued.

dont think they only serve to inflame people, she had a genuine dilemma and that was barely part of it so there was no argument?

Because its a very emotive subject and the mere mention of it is enough to upset people sometimes. Especially those who have suffered a loss. Its not hard to accept the rules and be respectful of others feelings

If you think about it in the bigger aspect... wouldnt you be more concerned about upsetting all our fantastic friends on BnB who have lost a child and didn't have the option? It's more important to me that we respect them, then people who have an abortion.... imagine how badly it would hurt?

Because its a very emotive subject and the mere mention of it is enough to upset people sometimes. Especially those who have suffered a loss. Its not hard to accept the rules and be respectful of others feelings

Posted same time... basically feel the same as you said Boofs. It's more important to consider the feelings of the people who didn't have a choice in the matter and lost when they didn't deserve so. I'm sure there are other places to discuss abortion if people feel they need to. I understand it's a choice, but on here it's not.

But forums are places where people come to talk about things in their lives, i have read pretty disturbing threads about peoples relationship for example.

But it just baffles me why this topic in particular would be so controlled.

Im not looking for an argument here, just trying to understand a little better

abortion is a very sore subject hun, and personally I am completely against it, unless for great medical reasons, This is a website for those with children and try to conceive and those who have sadly lost, I would be completely insulted and wouldn't use the site if I knew there was thread for unneeded abortions xx

I don't see how it can be explained better than it has. It is an emotive topic, one which is especially difficult for people who have suffered loss, or have had an ethical termination. I would ask the reverse question, how would it be beneficial to a forum of this kind to include discussion on termination? And don't you feel that would be alienating to girls on the forum who have lost babies?

This is a pregnancy, loss, baby and children forum. Why would you need to add lifestyle choice abortions? It just doesn't fit.

i think its more choice of the admin what forums they have. it IS their forum afterall... they made it.

There are other websites with places to talk about abortion... if you google im sure you'll get a few.

xx

But forums are places where people come to talk about things in their lives, i have read pretty disturbing threads about peoples relationship for example.

In the Ethical Prenatal Losses it's not. But as for the rest of the forum it's about respect for fellow members who use this forum because they want a baby.

BnB is primarily a pregnancy and baby forum. There are woman on here waiting to try, trying to conceive, who have been trying to conceive for years with no success, those who are pregnant and scared and excited at the same time, and those who have lost children, and those who have been blessed with them. It just isnt a suitable place to discuss willingly terminating a pregnancy for personal reasons. We do have a forum for those who have to sadly terminate due to medical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"