About to start IVF after years of BFN's

Hello Lylasmummy, aha thank you.. so much shorthand to learn :D

Thank you Katie and Hello :hi:

:hug:

Welcome and good luck!

Hubby and I were trying for 2 years also and were referred for IVF, now we are expecting twin boys in about 7 weeks. If you have any questions or need advice don't hesitate to ask :D

Welcome and good luck!

Hubby and I were trying for 2 years also and were referred for IVF, now we are expecting twin boys in about 7 weeks. If you have any questions or need advice don't hesitate to ask :D

That is so amazing CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We was told we are both find and that there is no reason why we shouldn't be pregnant, 4 years later they still say the same so hoping this works. My DH ays he doesn't think the first one will work his money is on the second.. oh the joy of positive thinking lol.

Right now we are both sick have been for 5 days now and don't seem to be kicking it and our next appointment is Thursday so a little worried we'll still be sick and get put back a month :(

Welcome and good luck!

We was told we are both find and that there is no reason why we shouldn't be pregnant, 4 years later they still say the same so hoping this works. My DH ays he doesn't think the first one will work his money is on the second.. oh the joy of positive thinking lol.

Right now we are both sick have been for 5 days now and don't seem to be kicking it and our next appointment is Thursday so a little worried we'll still be sick and get put back a month :(

It must be so frustrating to not know what is causing it. We know the cause in our case, and its not something that can be fixed, but in a way it made it easier to do IVF bc we had a reason why we had to. (if that makes sense)

It can work the first time, it did for us! I've read its about 50% chance but I think its more than that.

I hope you get better! I dunno if they will delay you if you are sick, you have a few weeks of meds before they actually do a procedure so you may be ok. FX for you though!

Welcome and good luck!

It must be so frustrating to not know what is causing it. We know the cause in our case, and its not something that can be fixed, but in a way it made it easier to do IVF bc we had a reason why we had to. (if that makes sense)

It can work the first time, it did for us! I've read its about 50% chance but I think its more than that.

I hope you get better! I dunno if they will delay you if you are sick, you have a few weeks of meds before they actually do a procedure so you may be ok. FX for you though!

Feeling alot better than we was so travelling to the clinic tomorrow.

36.2% chance we was told of it working or if they make it to day 5 it's 50/50 but from what i have been reading most are placed back in on day 3.

Did you see your Dr at the baseline tests or is it just the nurses? And is it same as the hospital, Scan..Smear and bloods?

How are you feeling in yourself? except for excited off corse lol

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Ours were put back at 5 days, it all depends on how they are developing.

At our clinic, we always saw a doctor. There were I think 5 different doctors so we didnt always see the same one but it was always one of the doctors. I remember the early appt they checked for cysts, did a practice implantation to test the depth of my uterus, and bloods.

I'm feeling ok, very pregnant. I hit 30 weeks today and I feel huge! lol They have been very hyper today and kicking all over :D

Good luck at the clinic tomorrow!!

What is a practice implant?

Awww bless them there trying to burrow there way out, that or practicing soccer lol

What is a practice implant?

Awww bless them there trying to burrow there way out, that or practicing soccer lol

I meant to say a practice transfer...They used a catheter just like they use to do the actual transfer and act like they are transfering eggs, using a saline solution....it gives them an idea of how deep the uterus is and where would be a good place to put them. i've never heard of anyone else who's clinic did this, so maybe its just something they do at the place I went to??

I think they are trying to make their way out, but its too early still so they are going to have to tough it out...lol

Just a quick update

Had my baselines done on Thursday, was a scan first, they couldn't see my left ovary so have to go back in about 12 days to be scanned again but she saw the lining and said it looked good. The had a trial transfer which apparently was perfect. Retested my husband to and said it was fantastic.
No bloods but was slightly upset that they forgot to invite us to the information evening and luckily we carry photo ID as they forgot to tell us to bring that to

I was given 3 bottles of nasil spray (instead of injections ) which i am to start taking on day 21 of my next period. After that were kinda know whats happening but said since we didn't get to go to our information even and seeing as we was already to start to just go with the flow. I must admit i am now a little more apprehensive than before.

Hhahahaha love it!!! I bet they will be gorgeous babies!!

yay! I got a little nervous right before starting too, i think thats normal. Its a big thing to start IVF but you will do great :D I'm so glad I didnt get the nasal spray, I would never have been able to do it! They make me soooo sick and I would take the injections over them in a heartbeat...lol

yay! I got a little nervous right before starting too, i think thats normal. Its a big thing to start IVF but you will do great :D I'm so glad I didnt get the nasal spray, I would never have been able to do it! They make me soooo sick and I would take the injections over them in a heartbeat...lol

lol this is where i feel lucky... i suffer with bad sinus's so always have a spray up there so think it was the best way for me, plus i'm super needle phobic lol which will be interesting when i have no choice but to inject. Oh and found out at some point i have to start putting something where it shouldn't be going lol

lol this is where i feel lucky... i suffer with bad sinus's so always have a spray up there so think it was the best way for me, plus i'm super needle phobic lol which will be interesting when i have no choice but to inject. Oh and found out at some point i have to start putting something where it shouldn't be going lol

lol Ya thats after the fact that you have to do that...

I never liked needles, shots, anything! But bc you go through so many with IVF and doing the daily injections myself now its nothing! I dont think it'll ever bother me again to get anything with a needle.

lol Ya thats after the fact that you have to do that...

I never liked needles, shots, anything! But bc you go through so many with IVF and doing the daily injections myself now its nothing! I dont think it'll ever bother me again to get anything with a needle.

Lol i don't think i can ever get use to it. I stems from having an operation and getting like 40 injections in 8 days it's that pain that sticks in my mind lol.
But i do have to say i saw the needleon her desk (went quickly white lol) and the actual needle is tiny so :shrug:

How long do you inject for? not including the ones you used which i'm using nasil spray for instead?

What medication is the nasal spray?

I did daily lupron injections starting Dec. 16th and then Follistim and Menopur overlapping for about a week starting Dec. 31st. I think I had injections until around Jan. 8th and my trigger shot was Jan. 10th. So I was injecting daily for almost a month...I guess 3 weeks. I got so used to it by the end, the needles were small and didnt hurt. Luckily I didnt get any bruising either, it was just a pain having to do it at work...they had to be done at the same time everyday.

Here is a link to my IVF journal if you want to read through it....i wrote almost everyday I think with symptoms and everything....My IVF Journal

The nasal spray says Suprefact 100mg Burserlin acetate

All i know is i will use this spray for 5 weeks which is start till finish and in those weeks theres the injections, EC,ET and things at the end to go in my tushy lol

It's deffinetly not as beautiful as the act of making love :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->