About you and your tastes

^^ My name is Vanessa :flower:

I love Eloise, and Christopher and Stephanie are nice, solid names :). I love Christopher shortened to Kit.

I'm 27, I live in Devon (UK). I like old fashioned names and also nature inspired names (although I'd never use the nature-y names I like as I don't think my kids could pull them off :haha:).
Boys names I like are:
Albert
Rupert
Sebastian
Fox
Leif
Girls names I like are:
Martha
Audrey
Isabel
Mabel
Lydia

My children are called Theodore (Ted) and Violet.

We have very similar taste I think!

I'm 23, from the North West, and for boys I like what I think are quite posh old fashioned sort of names. I kind of imagine them to be names of (maybe half French) public school boys who go on to be writers, though I don't know why! :dohh: I love Humphrey, Rupert, Jasper, Benjamin, Alfie, Bernard, William, Felix, Hugo...

For girls I love quirky names but ones that are- or I think could become- classics. The public school/writer analogy fits these in my head too :haha: For example: Violet, Indigo, Thea, Lyra, Beatrix, Frances, Olivièr, Plum (yes I know :dohh: ), Clara....

I LOVE your name choices, especially the boy ones. I adore Rupert, Jasper and Felix in particular. DH won't have any of it unfortunately.

I love traditional names, but I also love quirky and unique names. But nothing that seems too 'made up'.

My boys are Noah and Milo. Not sure what number three will be called yet. For girls I love Connie and Thea, DH doesn't like those either :dohh: A third boy and we would really struggle. Hugo and Rory would have been winners for us but our best friends have dogs with those names!

I am 26, living in the south of england.

I like names which are slightly less common, but not too far "out there", our children are named Isla and Cohen

Isla has become more popular now and I know of a few Cohens now (or coen, cohan)

We prefer scottish names (my heritage) but struggle as I never like any,

On our list at the moment are:

Girls:
Blaire
Quinn
Emse
Amber

Boys:
Lyall (I think theres another spelling?)
Lucas
Liam
Clay

I like all your choices

I dont like "made up names" two names merged, names with lyn added or names that are spelt differently.

Xx

I'm 30 from southern USA.

I like your name choices, I especially like Anthony.

I (and my husband) like more traditional names. Around here, those are uncommon names. I also like names from other countries, and dislike unisex names and trendy made up names names very much! I love sweet, girly names, and strong manly names ;)
Name we like
Boys: Arthur / Arturo, Matthew, Alexander, Anthony / Antonio, Benjamin, Abel, Angel (Spanish pronunciation), Andreas (Greek pronunciation), Marcus
Girls: Emma, Emily, Marie, Elliana, Mary, Grace, Madeline, Rose, Lily, Violet

Pielette,
How funny, we have family friends with 2 boys named Noah and Milo, here in the US!

I am 20 and from England.
I like traditional names and always decided by putting Dr infront. Also like the full name to be on the certificate. X

I'm 29 and from the UK. My taste in names is quite varied really, not sure there is really a definite theme but I tend to favour those that are slightly less popular (outside the top 100) and mostly older rather than modern, though not without exceptions! DD is Nancy Alice and other girls names I like include Annie, India, Connie, Robyn, Billie, Carrie, Alannah, Juliet, Emmy, Polly, Pearl, Peyton, Marnie, Shelby, Rowan, Astrid, Shania, Cherry, Alorah, Lainey, Vivian.
And for boys: Dominic, Walter, Franklin, Jared, Bruce, Eugene, Michael, Edward and Caleb.

27 and UK

I like old fashioned and not too popular names. I like to run them through in my mind and see how they would sound shouted across the playground, read out at a wedding, on business cards if he/she goes into law or medicine etc. I like Irene, Jasper, Henry, Opal.

Hubby is 36 from the USA, and hates every name I can think of regardless of style!

I also like some literary names which are a bit more fancy and out there but we have a weird surname so I don't want to inflict too much of a mouthful on the child. Like Ophelia, Heathcliffe, Coraline, Hero.

I dislike quirky spellings, surnames as first names (with a few exceptions) and nicknamey sounding things - Frankie and Freddy etc I would want a grown up version on the birth cert.

I think both your names are nice. I know lots of adults by both names so probably won't be many in the same class. They don't wow me, but they will serve them well in any career, and never embarrass them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->