Absolutely crushed. RANT

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
Yesterday was my Baby Sprinkle. And as much as it should have been a good, happy day. It was absolutely horrible.

First thing, my sister, whom I rarely see and makes little to no effort staying in contact with the rest of us, IM's me via FB and tells me she will not make it because her eldest is ill. Where as I was all "shit happens" and went on with my day, everyone else was pretty upset with her. My mother was especially livid. I can understand that he is ill, but he has a dad, and stuff, she still could of made it... she just didn't bother.

After gathering up everything for the party (by myself) and getting over to the community room which I rented from management of my Apartment complex. (I got help going over). My husband decided he rather fuss about the TV in there than help me. So I set up the snack table and games while he fiddled with the TV, We then just stood about watching Athiliya (18 month old DD) run around.

My friend, and co-host, showed up shortly after that, and we set to making goodie bags. We made 15, even though we were not even expecting 15 people. She brought her 8 year old, Arianna, and her 10 month old, Sophia.

After putting together the goody bags, and having my husband hang a couple of baby garland things, we had not much to do but wait for people to show.

All the while Arianna complained and threw mini-tantrums, ran off without telling her mom, and continuously took the toys that Athiliya and Sophia were playing with away from them. Which caused crying babies.

So we let Athiliya run around outside for a bit. At some point whilst I was inside, AThiliya got ahold of a stick...a point sharp stick that my husband let her just run around with.. I did not see it end well, so I had him take the stick and toss it as far away as possible. He thought I was being silly. AThiliya does NOT have good balance.. Last thing I wanted to do is run my baby off to the ER because she ran herself through with a pointed stick.

After some time, and having to yell at Arianna to keep her hand out of the snacks, because they were for EVERYONE about a dozen times, people arrived. AT this point, I was already tired and wanting to break down. One of my friends brought her two teen daughters, Brooke and Kalli, and brought her 2 year old Max, and 5month old Paislee.

We all gathered up some snacks and ate. And we talked. Then, deciding my final guest wasn't going to show, we began games. The first one was tied between a friend and my husband. So I told them SEVERAL times to guess a number between 1 and 20 to break the tie. My nember being 15 - my friends, 17, and my husbands 69. I gave him a chance to correct it and he stuck with 69 and looked at me like I was explaining something complex to him. In the end I decided to just give the prize to my friend...

I went on to get the next game from the kitchen alchove thing, and my husband followed me in there. and began to yell at me about how i "fucked him over".. (For those of you who do not know, our marriage is on the rocks, and pretty much heading to divorce because of his behaviour).. Any way after him yelling at me (and EVERY one hearing) I left him and went on to play the next game. All the while he was grumping in the corner for the rest of the party.

All the while, babies were crying, Arianna was taking toys from them and pitching fits, and Max kept taking Athiliya's favorite ball from her. (I brought some toys over for her to play with, I had no idea the other babies would be there)

After the games were done, and shouting at Arianna a dozen times to put the prize bags back because she kept running off with them, and they contained glass. I sat down and nursed Athiliya, because at this point she would not stop crying for anything, she had missed her nap, and I am sure she was tired. Sure enough she fell asleep almost instantly. And my and my friends sat there and talked for a while before, getting up to clean up. This unfortunately woke up Athiliya. So I got her re-dressed, because she was naked from having cake. I told her father to take her outside to play while I cleaned.

After we had finished cleaning, and my friends made it quite obvious they were pissed at my husband. I went outside to see the dumb ass (my husband) was letting Athiliya play with a popped balloon.

We then came home... I spent the rest of yesterday fighting not to cry or scream at my husband.. I then found out my firends and their kids made off with ALL the goody bags, and I wanted to bring a couple home for my mom, brother, myself, and Athiliya (could care less about my husband at this point). So that was pretty disssapointing.

In the end. It felt less like a celebration, but like a get together... I didnt feel special, I didnt feel that Moira was being celebrated.

My friend Darci, the one with the teens and babies, she made me a cute little diaper cake and got my a few things for Moira.

While I apreciate that my friends were there and made an effort. I just wish I had canceled. And that last guest that was going to show, my doula /friend - she didn't show because she is fighting a kidney infection. (which I totally understand)

Oh hun what an awful experience! I'm sorry you had to put up with such immature attitudes from dh. Last time I had a lovely surprise baby shower, but when it was over I learned that all my friends has argued over it and were Just pretending to get along all the while in order not to spoil the moment...

Oh dear. Unfortunately most things i organize go like this. Kids and parties just have these things happen, the reason my wedding was adults only apart from my kids nephew and niece. Kids fight and muck up, thats life lol
Try take a day for yourself where you can just relax with no kids or distractions.
:hugs:

Oh dear. Unfortunately most things i organize go like this. Kids and parties just have these things happen, the reason my wedding was adults only apart from my kids nephew and niece. Kids fight and muck up, thats life lol
Try take a day for yourself where you can just relax with no kids or distractions.
:hugs:

Unfortunately if I say "adults only" my friends will not show. THeir kids are ALWAYS with them. I know it could not be helped as much as the kids are concerned. Well, at least the babies.

As for Arianna, I am sure if my friends want caught up in all the chaos that was my sprinkle, Arianna would have behaved better.

Oh hun what an awful experience! I'm sorry you had to put up with such immature attitudes from dh. Last time I had a lovely surprise baby shower, but when it was over I learned that all my friends has argued over it and were Just pretending to get along all the while in order not to spoil the moment...

MY husband is always like that, it is part of why we are heading toward divorce. He even threw tantrums last year during my friend's baby shower because no one would pay attention to him. Which is rediculous, because no one was there to see him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->