Accidental Celebrity Names

FeistyMom

3 DDs, 1 DS & Preggers
Reaction score
So... with #3, hubby and I had a heck of a time agreeing on a name. We knew we were having a boy, and it was just impossible for us to agree to anything. It was important to me to have some connection to my father, who passed away while I was expecting. His name was Donald, but we didn't really *feel* Donald itself (especially since DH's estranged father is ALSO named Donald), so we went with Landon. Middle name was easier because I knew I would honor my mom and sister by using 'Patrick' (they have 'Patricia' in their names).

So this time around, we were talking about boy names again (team :yellow: though), and we both thought Donovan Joseph sounded good.

We are also both soccer fans, and realized having a Landon and Donovan would be kind of funny. Does that seem too over the top to anyone? I'm starting to get nervous that we won't be able to figure out another name.

I have no idea who Landon & Donovan are :shrug: haha - so I say go for it!! I think they go great together and they both honor your dad! Great choices!

I may sound so dumb now but who the heck are Landon and Donovan? :lol:

If those are both soccer names, then I think you'd have to be a pretty big soccer/football fan in order to make that connection. I don't think you have anything to worry about!

If you like the names I say go for it! I also have no idea who Landon and Donovan are... and my guess is that over the course of their lives, very few people will make that connection. If its a name you love and both agree on then I wouldn't worry about what others will think!

Landon Donovan is a player, but I only know that because my husband is OBSESSED with football. Some people might smile, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

the only connection I made is that they both shorten to Donny

Cool :) I had started to worry that it would be like Wayne and Rooney, or John and Terry as first names.

Just had one of those 3 or 4d images, and I really do think this LO looks like a Donovan! Of course, last time I was SURE baby was a boy after an ultrasound pic, it turned out to be a girl... so I better get to going on the girl names too :)

I'm a huge sports fan so I know who he is, but it's an awesome name. If that's what you like you should go for it. If you go that route I'm sure some people will make the connection and annoy you with questions asking if he was named after the athlete, but soccer is not popular enough in America to make his name widely recognized. In all honesty, this post just put the name Landon in contention should my spouse and I have a boy. :)

I never would have made the connection, to be honest, but I'm not a soccer/football fan. I'm a hockey fan and if my baby is a boy, his name will be Kesler (after Ryan Kesler, the hockey player on the Vancouver Canucks...which, unless you're a huge hockey fan, or live in British Columbia, you probably wouldn't make the connection.

My youngest daughter is also named after the band Anberlin, and unless you're an Anberlin fan, you wouldn't make the connection, lol

I don't know soccer... lol... but I gave my second son the middle name Donovan. I love it. Also, that same son's name (first and last, I don't know about the middle one) is the name of a popular TV character. haha... I didn't know until we'd chosen the name, but we kept it anyway. :) Sometimes, people will say, "OH, like the guy from [TV show]!" lol... but by the time he's grown, nobody will know of that character anymore. And I have no idea about the soccer player(s), but it's funny and cute since you're fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->