Accidentally eaten uncooked pork?? HELP!!!!

luckyno2

Reaction score
Hey, please advice me... should I call my Dr. I bought pork BBQ ribs, and on the packed it said marinated and with honey and In a different color in very small letters it said par cooked and panfry for 15min ...WTF I did not see it when I open the pack there is no cooking instructions on the packet... usually there is .... After I ate it I thought it looked little raw and went to re read the pack and only then I saw the small detail of the ...UNCOOKED pork.... HELP HELP HELP... what must i do and what must I look out for ??????????????????????

PAR COOKED PORK??? safe or not?????

I would get checked out just in case as soon as you can - best be on the safe side. :hugs:

hey, i guess the danger would be if you got poorly i.e food poisoning. As a rule, i know you can eat pork underdone, kinda like a medium well steak (they often serve it like that in restaurants). I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you don't get poorly. If you're really worried, you could always call NHS direct and ask for their advice too, although i'm not sure what a GP/hospital would do in this kind of case.

Relax. There's nothing the doctor could even 'check for' anyway at this point. On the rare chance that you did get sick from that, niether you nor the doc would know until you actually began to show signs of illness. And even then.... it's very rare that the 'sickness' goes beyond some throwing up and diarrhea.
Chances are, it's VERY VERY preserved, thus not easy for it to 'go bad'. It's only meat that has begun to go bad or spoil that grows harmful bacteria. Check the label, I bet it has all sorts of words you can barely pronounce in the ingredients... those are preservatives. :hugs: I'd put my next paycheck on it that you're not going to experience any adverse effects.

i would def get advice
goodluck
let us no
xx

Relax. There's nothing the doctor could even 'check for' anyway at this point. On the rare chance that you did get sick from that, niether you nor the doc would know until you actually began to show signs of illness. And even then.... it's very rare that the 'sickness' goes beyond some throwing up and diarrhea.
Chances are, it's VERY VERY preserved, thus not easy for it to 'go bad'. It's only meat that has begun to go bad or spoil that grows harmful bacteria. Check the label, I bet it has all sorts of words you can barely pronounce in the ingredients... those are preservatives. :hugs: I'd put my next paycheck on it that you're not going to experience any adverse effects.

WSS. Although I wont be betting as I can't afford to even joke about money!

Good to know. I wasn't sure and would call doc to check as I worry about stuff like that, especially when pregnant. :flower:

The actual occurrences of serious pregnancy complications occurring from undercooked meat are pretty rare. (LOL...excuse the pun!!:haha:) Plus, you only had a taste of it. I mean, I wouldn't go searching out raw meat but the occasional oops happens to the best of us...and the statistics are in your favor. Just watch for common signs of illness. If it were going to hit you, it'll be within the next 24-48 hrs. :hugs:

Oh god I was worrying about uncooked pork too recently - my dad tried to feed me a pork chop that was still bloody and definitely NOT cooked properly!!! D: I didn't eat any and made him put it straight back under the grill but yikes I was really freaked out so definitely understand your fear about this!

The main risk, I think, for uncooked meats (especially pork) is the toxoplasma gondii parasite, which is killed either in cooking (above a certain temp, I think about 150 F or something?) or by freezing at very low temps.

Since you ate undercooked pork, you should probably get a blood test to check for toxoplasmosis antibodies. It is possible that you are immune already from a previous infection, but if you are infected for the first time in pregnancy, you probably won't get any symptoms and it's harmless to you but it could potentially damage your baby if the parasite crosses the placenta (takes a couple of weeks for it to be able to do that) sooooo you should go and get checked out - there's an incubation period and it takes a few weeks before the parasite can cross the placenta so IF you are infected with toxoplasmosis, you will be put on antibiotics which WILL ensure your baby never gets infected. So don't panic, just get a blood test for those antibodies as soon as possible! *hugs* Sorry I know it's scary, all these food dangers in pregnancy make me really anxious sometimes. :(

If you feeling sick...go to doctor asap!

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBAG0KPLcs

sorry but I have to disagree with everyone! You should not eat pork undercooked/raw!!! I would definately get some advice. I don't think it will affect your baby but I think you could end up with food poisoning!!

Sorry I really hope you don't!!! xxx

A lot of people say you shouldn't eat undercooked pork because of Trichinosis which is a parasitic disease. BUT the chances of you getting Trich from pork that is store bought is VERY slim. I know that in the US ALL cases of Trich can be traced back to people who ate undercooked game, bear meat, or home-rasied pigs. If the meat was ever frozen, the larvae (that probably aren't there) would have been killed. Most cases of Trich don't have any symptoms but if you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain or weakness then you should be concerned.

That being said, I think if it would make you feel better you should call your doctor. But I think that they will tell you to watch for any symptoms and that it's not a big deal.

O my word thank you all for responding, I am feeling so much better just hearing your commends. I googled it and DR. Google said something very bad can happen to my baby and I just cant think that ... will call the DR in the morning... can I take a dewormer in pregnancy????????

sorry but I have to disagree with everyone! You should not eat pork undercooked/raw!!! I would definately get some advice. I don't think it will affect your baby but I think you could end up with food poisoning!!

Sorry I really hope you don't!!! xxx

Well of course you shouldn't go looking for it. She didn't ask if she *should* have eaten it. I guarantee somehow, some way, every one of us has had small amount of something that could, potentially, make us sick pass through our lips during pregnancy. No matter how vigilant. And we're all ok.
We were trying to reassure her that it's not time to panic.

(Edited to remove the final comment. It ended up sounding snarky when I re-read it and I didn't intend for it to. :flower:)

can I take a dewormer in pregnancy????????

I wouldn't!! Just see what your doctor advises. There's not any immediate danger... don't panic! You'll be ok and so will your baby.

ring a and e and hopefully they will reassure you,
xx

I dont think a & e is the answer they're overstreched as it is! NHS direct if anything and if they deem it a concern will refer u to out of hours doc or hospital. I think you'll be fine tho,just don't panic xx

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if you did get food poisoning it doesn't normally get transferred to baby through placenta as the human body is very clever. I'm sure you'd know about it it you had it by now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"