Accidentally eaten uncooked pork?? HELP!!!!

don't take a dewormer! You don't want to turn something that really isn't a big deal into something that could potentially be very dangerous. Just stay calm and call your doctor. It will take at least 30 hours to see any symptoms if you are going to get sick from it. (And like the other lady I would bet money you will be fine!)

Before panicking (I know, too late) are you absolutely certain that the ribs were raw?

The cooking directions (15 minutes pan fried?) sound a lot like the reheating/finishing instructions for lots of pre-cooked bbq rib products, like Lloyds brand (or the generic store-brand equivalents) where you're basically just reheating the ribs and caramelizing the sauce a little.

Even ribs made at home are often pre (or par)-cooked (so the meat is falling off the bone) and then finished with sauce on the grill or in the oven. Do you still have the package? Before calling your doctor, you might try calling the company that makes/sells the ribs to find out exactly what "par cooked" means to them.

It's really always best to call the doctor when you're unsure about something like this. It's much better to be safe than sorry. Also, it's great to get advice here, but most of us aren't doctors, so I think you should call yours.

No one here can tell you for sure either way.

If you feeling sick...go to doctor asap!

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBAG0KPLcs

If this is true I am NEVER eating pork again. I am a little sad because I make the worlds best Chicken fried pork chops :cry:

If you feeling sick...go to doctor asap!

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBAG0KPLcs

If this is true I am NEVER eating pork again. I am a little sad because I make the worlds best Chicken fried pork chops :cry:

UH that video was fake. google it please :p

Read the description on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCrVcGw9ZPI

Before panicking (I know, too late) are you absolutely certain that the ribs were raw?

The cooking directions (15 minutes pan fried?) sound a lot like the reheating/finishing instructions for lots of pre-cooked bbq rib products, like Lloyds brand (or the generic store-brand equivalents) where you're basically just reheating the ribs and caramelizing the sauce a little.

Even ribs made at home are often pre (or par)-cooked (so the meat is falling off the bone) and then finished with sauce on the grill or in the oven. Do you still have the package? Before calling your doctor, you might try calling the company that makes/sells the ribs to find out exactly what "par cooked" means to them.

That is what has kept me sane... the fact that the meat is ready cooked... I HOPE!!!

I was very nauseous last night but feel like normal today... I will call the company and the dr, just to make sure. I am also monitoring baba movements to see if there is any changes.

sorry but I have to disagree with everyone! You should not eat pork undercooked/raw!!! I would definately get some advice. I don't think it will affect your baby but I think you could end up with food poisoning!!

Sorry I really hope you don't!!! xxx

Well of course you shouldn't go looking for it. She didn't ask if she *should* have eaten it. I guarantee somehow, some way, every one of us has had small amount of something that could, potentially, make us sick pass through our lips during pregnancy. No matter how vigilant. And we're all ok.
We were trying to reassure her that it's not time to panic.

(Edited to remove the final comment. It ended up sounding snarky when I re-read it and I didn't intend for it to. :flower:)

Eh ok!! I haven't said anything wrong in my response!!!! I advised her to just get checked out!!! Jesus! Would have quite liked to have know your last comment!!

The main thing i would worry about with eating uncooked pork would be getting worms (toxoplasmosis) so i would deffinately get advise from your docter as i think it could be a while before you notice the effects of having worms inside you. I dont think the risk is very high these days though with pork though, dont think they carry nasty things generally anymore.

sorry but I have to disagree with everyone! You should not eat pork undercooked/raw!!! I would definately get some advice. I don't think it will affect your baby but I think you could end up with food poisoning!!

Sorry I really hope you don't!!! xxx

Well of course you shouldn't go looking for it. She didn't ask if she *should* have eaten it. I guarantee somehow, some way, every one of us has had small amount of something that could, potentially, make us sick pass through our lips during pregnancy. No matter how vigilant. And we're all ok.
We were trying to reassure her that it's not time to panic.

(Edited to remove the final comment. It ended up sounding snarky when I re-read it and I didn't intend for it to. :flower:)

Eh ok!! I haven't said anything wrong in my response!!!! I advised her to just get checked out!!! Jesus! Would have quite liked to have know your last comment!!

I'm sorry... like I said... I deleted the comment because it *sounded* snarky and didn't *intend* for it to. Hence, deleting it. I truly did not intend to offend you. Just didn't want her to panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->