Accidentally on purpose

yesnomaybe

Reaction score
My partner and i have been saying for a while now that if i fell pregnant then it'd be the best thing in the world, but at the same time, we're both too nervous to say "throw away the contraception!" all together.

i'm mid ovulation at the moment and we slept together two nights ago. the problem is, since we've had these fantasy discussions about having a baby, subconsciously i've been very lax with my pill. forgetting to take one one day, taking it late the next etc. well two nights ago i told him i'd forgotten to take that day's pill [as we had been out of the house since rediculous o'clock in the morning and had been out all day] and we decided to go ahead anyway. Well i missed that day's pill altogether.

Bascially i've not been consistent with the pill in the last month and have missed two completely. My period is due in just under two weeks, from what i've said above, does it sound as if i could have concieved?
I don't mean to ask stupid questions but i'm new to the idea of trying for a baby and although i know there'll be no "YES YOU ARE"'s, it'll at least give me an idea of how strong the pill is [microgynon] and what're the chances of catching from a couple of missed pills.

I hope that i don't come across as irresponsible either, i plan on stopping the pill soon and i'm also taking folic acid!

Many thanks in advance :)

....it is possible! when i fell with my first i was on the pill for 3 consecutive months (lots of reasons, holidays etc in the summer months so didnt want a period) -i forgot a couple inbetween and ended up pregnant as a result! i had been on microgynon for 9 years before this.
i had no idea obviously, we werent planning or even trying at the time but i waited for my period to show up and nothing - after a week and a half of waiting my oh suggested i try a hpt, so i did and it came up positive

its possible you could have conceived, as it does happen and i know first hand that microgynon is not failsafe lol! if you are planning on coming off BC anyway i would start taking folic acid and multivits now? even if you're not pg theres no harm in taking it anyway...
...good luck!

....it is possible! when i fell with my first i was on the pill for 3 consecutive months (lots of reasons, holidays etc in the summer months so didnt want a period) -i forgot a couple inbetween and ended up pregnant as a result! i had been on microgynon for 9 years before this.
i had no idea obviously, we werent planning or even trying at the time but i waited for my period to show up and nothing - after a week and a half of waiting my oh suggested i try a hpt, so i did and it came up positive

its possible you could have conceived, as it does happen and i know first hand that microgynon is not failsafe lol! if you are planning on coming off BC anyway i would start taking folic acid and multivits now? even if you're not pg theres no harm in taking it anyway...
...good luck!

Wow. thanks for your reply.
Yeah i've started taking folic acid, many people have said that there's no harm in taking it, even if we don't purposely try for a baby for a while yet.

I've been on Microgynon for 6 years, and touch wood, in previous relationships i've had no hiccups or accidental pregnancies. I've been with my OH for just over 2 years and although we're still young [mid twenties] we love the idea of creating a life together.

I should stop thinking about it so much, because there'll be a part of me which will be a bit dissappointed if a test comes back negative. I have however been feeling some niggling pains, not PAINFUL pains, more like a tugging sensation, but very light, on my left side. And i feel 'different' in some way. But i guess that could be my mind playing tricks. Can you even get any small tell-tale signs after a few days of fertilisation?

Sorry i'm writing so much, it really helps to talk to someone who knows more about this than me. I have people in my life i can talk to, but none in a similar situation to me. :)

i have started taking folic acid again too with multi vits and i've never felt better, my skin is glowing. only thing is im going to the toilet alot more, or im aware that i am anyway!! this could be due to the fact that any folic acid your body doesn't need it flushes out!

i plan on coming off BC after i finish the next 2 packets of microgynon, we would love to start trying now but if i fall right away i could be waddling down the aisle! i couldnt do that to my beautiful wedding dress lol! its almost been a year now since i lost the baby (unfortunately i didnt carry to full term) and i must say i didnt experience alot of symptoms maybe because i wasnt looking out for them.. but found i got sore boobs, niggling "butterfly" feelings in stomach, i was always quite tired and my skin itched like mad!!

best thing to do is hang on for a while longer and if you're period is late in showing take a test :)
and i know what you mean some of my close friends and family know that we are planning to try soon like my mum.. but sometimes its better to come on here and vent and share experiences with other people who are or have been in the same situation!

keep us posted!

i have started taking folic acid again too with multi vits and i've never felt better, my skin is glowing. only thing is im going to the toilet alot more, or im aware that i am anyway!! this could be due to the fact that any folic acid your body doesn't need it flushes out!

i plan on coming off BC after i finish the next 2 packets of microgynon, we would love to start trying now but if i fall right away i could be waddling down the aisle! i couldnt do that to my beautiful wedding dress lol! its almost been a year now since i lost the baby (unfortunately i didnt carry to full term) and i must say i didnt experience alot of symptoms maybe because i wasnt looking out for them.. but found i got sore boobs, niggling "butterfly" feelings in stomach, i was always quite tired and my skin itched like mad!!

best thing to do is hang on for a while longer and if you're period is late in showing take a test :)
and i know what you mean some of my close friends and family know that we are planning to try soon like my mum.. but sometimes its better to come on here and vent and share experiences with other people who are or have been in the same situation!

keep us posted!

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your baby :(
Congrats on your forthcoming wedding!! I'm new here so no doubt i'll get to know people/ their stories as time goes on. I'll wait another 2 weeks and take a test. I'm trying to no get too excited but it's hard!
Thank you again!

It's possible but then on the same token you could be fine. I was always very lax with my pill (I was also on Microgynon), sometimes I would go days without taking it through forgetfulness and I have never had a scare. Although now I am off them I now know my it was probably down to my lack of natural periods.

One of my friends however, was lax on her pill and ended up pregnant, although it didn't go all the way due to it being ectopic.

So 50/50 really :haha: Sorry its not much help and I do hope you get the result you are after!

It's possible but then on the same token you could be fine. I was always very lax with my pill (I was also on Microgynon), sometimes I would go days without taking it through forgetfulness and I have never had a scare. Although now I am off them I now know my it was probably down to my lack of natural periods.

One of my friends however, was lax on her pill and ended up pregnant, although it didn't go all the way due to it being ectopic.

So 50/50 really :haha: Sorry its not much help and I do hope you get the result you are after!

Thank you.
Yeah, i'll try not to think too much about it.

If you miss pills there is always a chance:thumbup:
I would say, if you know you are being lax, and now that you have had unprotected sex around ovulation and also would be happy to be pregnant, I would stop taking the pill at least until you know either way:thumbup:

The pill shouldn't really be taken if you are pregnant or could be pregnant so better safe than sorry!

Great that you are taking folic acid,:thumbup: Also, good luck!!!!!:flower:

If you miss pills there is always a chance:thumbup:
I would say, if you know you are being lax, and now that you have had unprotected sex around ovulation and also would be happy to be pregnant, I would stop taking the pill at least until you know either way:thumbup:

The pill shouldn't really be taken if you are pregnant or could be pregnant so better safe than sorry!

Great that you are taking folic acid,:thumbup: Also, good luck!!!!!:flower:

Thank you :flower:
I would be happy. Very happy. And so would the OH. I guess we're too scared to bin the pill alltogether. I may stop taking the pill and use condoms as a means of contraception from now on- at least that way when we decide "this is it" the pill will hopefully be out of my system & it won't seem like such a massive deal to discontinue contraception *[dramatically launches pills into the bin]*

Can the pill harm the baby if you're taking it and obviously not aware you are pregnant then?

I would be happy. Very happy. And so would the OH. I guess we're too scared to bin the pill alltogether. I may stop taking the pill and use condoms as a means of contraception from now on- at least that way when we decide "this is it" the pill will hopefully be out of my system & it won't seem like such a massive deal to discontinue contraception *[dramatically launches pills into the bin]*

Can the pill harm the baby if you're taking it and obviously not aware you are pregnant then?

I don't think it can harm your baby since I have friends who have fallen pregnant on the pill and given birth to happy healthy babies, but it does say on the packet to stop if you think you may be pregnant in any way. I would take that precaution.

:haha: You sound just like me, we are not trying but not really preventing, I have condoms in my room but we still use them sometimes even though we would have thrown precaution to the wind a day before! :haha: Comfort zones are a strange thing.. there is no logic to the thinking..

It is scary just to say we are trying even when we pretty much are! :blush:

I may stop taking the pill and use condoms as a means of contraception from now on- at least that way when we decide "this is it" the pill will hopefully be out of my system & it won't seem like such a massive deal to discontinue contraception *[dramatically launches pills into the bin]*

I am new to this whole baby thing too lol but we will be doing the same, including the dramatic way of getting rid of the pill :haha:

Not too sure about how much continuing the pill could harm the baby but like it was suggested before, better safe than sorry! Another reason why I want to stop taking the pill asap - don't wanna harm the baby in any way nor my body anylonger.

Good luck to you! :baby:

I don't think it can harm your baby since I have friends who have fallen pregnant on the pill and given birth to happy healthy babies, but it does say on the packet to stop if you think you may be pregnant in any way. I would take that precaution.

:haha: You sound just like me, we are not trying but not really preventing, I have condoms in my room but we still use them sometimes even though we would have thrown precaution to the wind a day before! :haha: Comfort zones are a strange thing.. there is no logic to the thinking..

It is scary just to say we are trying even when we pretty much are! :blush:

Precisely! couldn't have put it better myself.
Scary stuff :)

I may stop taking the pill and use condoms as a means of contraception from now on- at least that way when we decide "this is it" the pill will hopefully be out of my system & it won't seem like such a massive deal to discontinue contraception *[dramatically launches pills into the bin]*

I am new to this whole baby thing too lol but we will be doing the same, including the dramatic way of getting rid of the pill :haha:

Not too sure about how much continuing the pill could harm the baby but like it was suggested before, better safe than sorry! Another reason why I want to stop taking the pill asap - don't wanna harm the baby in any way nor my body anylonger.

Good luck to you! :baby:

Good luck to you too :)

I did with the microgynon, same reasons as you, had same pains so good luck and baby dust :) x

I did with the microgynon, same reasons as you, had same pains so good luck and baby dust :) x

awhh :) excited! kinda tugging pains? how soon after fertilisation?

p.s. nice royal! my OH and i keep snakes, we're thinking of breeding our royals in the next year or so. do you have any others?

Quick question: [as i'm very new to all this]

can a clear blue digital test show :bfn: accurately 3 days after conception/ 3dpo?

Maybe i shouldn't have done it so soon?

I think if it hasn't happened this time i think i may take it as a sign and leave it a while.

No test will show a result that early, the best time to take one is on or after the date your period is due. At 3dpo it would barely have implanted (if at all as the pill stops it).

Wait another week before testing, and you should get an accurate result, but even at 10dpo it can still be too early.

Yeah. I think i knew that deep down but i thought i'd ask to confirm. I have read through posts upon posts, i'm learning slowly :)

I'm waiting for my af to go on the pill, I could be pregnant but highly unlikely. So I know how you feel about getting your hopes up *sigh*.

Yup!
I'd love it.
I've been off it since sunday, either condoms or thin air from now on :)
At least this way, when we say, 'bin BC alltogether' it'll be out of my system :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->