Accountability thread

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Hey mamas! I'm hoping to start an accountability group for women like me-- who have the post baby body and want to tone and drop some weight but lack the motivation, especially when going it alone.

I would love to do daily check-ins, maybe after our routine for the day, to say what we have done, how our diet is looking, weigh-ins, that sort of thing. And check-in even when we have skipped, slipped up, so that we can get motivated to get back on track!

It can also be a resource on fitness regimes that we have tried and loved or hated, where we can get recommendations from other moms like us and not the sales ladies who will profit.

If there is another thread like this, please direct me, otherwise I am so ready to get on track! I'll start with me in a new post :)

My name is Katie! I am 30, am almost four weeks post partum after having my third (and hopefully final!) babe. I currently weigh right around 135 lbs. I don't really have a weight loss goal, but if I lose ten lbs on the path to better physical health, I wouldn't mind.
I'm not on any diet at the moment. I just try to make healthy food choices and to not overeat. I'm contemplating trying the 21 day fix because a short term regime sounds much less daunting than a complete diet change.
Currently I'm using my pre-natal workout DVDs (that I started but then stopped!! This is why I need this thread!). Today will be day three. I'm definitely sore in my shoulders, abs, a bit in the thighs, and back. I'm looking into a double jogger so that I can start taking my youngest two on walks, and possibly join my hubby at the gym at the indoor track.
That's it for now. I'm so hoping I get some ladies to join me in this-- it's the only way I'll succeed, and hopefully it will be a help to you too!

I want to lose some weight too. I had put on a bit of weight before getting pregnant, so I've got about 15lbs that need to go. But at 2-ish weeks post-birth, I'm barely managing taking care of baby. I don't know how you mamas are doing it!

I'm hoping to eat well and maybe that'll at least stop me from putting on more weight! I'm also going that once I get more comfortable with baby, we'll be able to get out of the house. Right now, I'm supposed to be recovering from an emcs, so I should be taking it easy.

I'll join you but I haven't even had my baby yet. I'm due today.
I did weigh myself today for interest and I'm 87 kg (292 lbs).
Goal is 64kg.

I intend to do it by eating whole foods which includes full fat milk and cheese, lots of greens and making a few sugar free treats along the way.

Me too!

I had my baby a year ago & if I'm honest I've just been lazy but now we are into a new year and I'm feeling like I can do this, I'm not doing strict diets because that is where I end up falling off the wagon! I am making healthy choices and cutting out the junk.

Looking forward to sharing all gone journeys ladies :)

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on baby n bump for a very long time, but I decided to come on today looking for this exact kind of thread :) I really need accountability when trying to lose weight, and talking to others who are sticking to their path keeps me motivated. I currently have a definite 2 stone (28 pounds) to lose, that would put me at my getting married/getting pregnant each time weight. But ideally I would like to lose a further 7 pounds after that as that would be my most comfortable weight.
I'm 35 and I have two dd's, ages 4 and 1 (almost 2). My dh would like a third, but at this weight there is no way I would consider pregnancy.
Looking forward to checking in on here and keeping up with all your news :) x

Ruth - that's the exact reason I came on this morning, I loved this site while pregnant with both my children but I guess now is a time to use it for something different! :)

Ruth - that's the exact reason I came on this morning, I loved this site while pregnant with both my children but I guess now is a time to use it for something different! :)

Haha! Same as that, I started using it when TTC and then loads during pregnancy and when they were little babas, but being busy has kept me away lately. Now is the time to use the power of the sisterhood to shift this flab! ;) x

Absolutely!! Are you following any particular diet? Or just a healthy eating plan? Myself I am just choosing healthy choices, I think as soon as I start restricting myself too much I will fall off track.

I really need to get some more exercise in though! X

Absolutely!! Are you following any particular diet? Or just a healthy eating plan? Myself I am just choosing healthy choices, I think as soon as I start restricting myself too much I will fall off track.

I really need to get some more exercise in though! X

I'm the same as you, trying to make healthy choices and keep away from junk. I've set myself the rules of having to eat an apple and a carrot as snacks every day, and only allowed chocolate once a day (I had gotten out of hand!). I'm better when on a plan (like WeightWatchers) to be honest, but I can't afford that right now. So far, I'm a week into this and have lost 2 lbs. I had a wedding last weekend and I knew between the booze and the hangover food I wouldn't hit the big numbers :rofl::rofl:
Also, I am getting no exercise too! That really needs to change! X

I have followed weight watchers before too, I liked it as well :)

Oh I am terrible with fruit, I've changed my chocolate to a low fat cereal bar instead, I find it substitutes quite well :)

A 2lb loss is great! My scales have broken :rofl: which I am Actually glad about, I haven't weighed in a while and I'm scared if I see too much of a high number it won't motivate me at all, so for now I am seeing how I fit back into a favourite blouse of mine. (I know what I weighed the last time I got on the scales so when I get round to buying more I'll just see where I'm at then) I don't want to put too much pressure on myself as that's when it all goes down the drain :rofl:

Do you get much time to exercise? x

Literally no time at all!! Which is horrible as I played a lot of sports before becoming a mum, so I am the most unfit I have ever been!
That's a good idea to use the blouse as a measure :) I do that with a couple of pairs of jeans too. But I have to keep an eye on the scales as well;)

I figured I'd have to do a little bit of house-based exercise every day, like squats, planks, lunges until my circumstances change and I can get to the gym :)
Good luck with your mission! I'm glad to have fat-busting buddies on here now! :thumbup: x

I was exactly the same I was in the gym daily and since becoming a mummy I have got fat :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah I think I might purchase and exercise dvd and do
That at home :)

Here's to burning the fat!!!

HI Ruth and mummy - nice too meet you. I've got my real food rules (when baby is here) for 90% of the time. I'm not going to stress if I stray and I'll do my best to eat as healthily as I can. I lost lots of weight before on real food eating with little to no refined carbs so I'm hoping it works again.

Hi spudtastic!

I did the low carb before too, and although it was super hard it does work, I lost weight real quick! I can't live without carbs right now though so that's a no go for me :rofl:

Yeah I was a total carb girl before I did it. It was hard. This pregnancy though has given me an aversion to carbs which could explain why I haven't put on much weight this pregnancy (even though my midwife tells me I have a sizeable baby).

I do plan to eat oats though. I love oats/porridge.
I'm still going to have potatoes and rice. I'm just going to stay away from bread and pasta and cereals. Which currently sounds easy to me since just writing about them makes me want to throw up but once my baby arrives and my weird pregnancy aversions go they may be yummy again.

Now my problem is cake. I love cake. I can eat cake every day. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Ooooh you see I love bread so much!!! I try not to eat too much but it is a favourite of mine, cake on the other hand is too sickly for me, I'm a crisp and sweets kind of gal!

I see your over due with baby now, you must be feeling tired by now, I bet your so excited!!

Wow, I checked the first few days after I created and had had no responses so haven't checked in a bit and now look! It's so lovely to hear from you all!
I feel restricting myself too much, especially in the beginning, can lead to failure on my part. Been researching what beach body program I would like to start though and leaning towards Cize which is like Zumba. Have also ordered a shakeology sample, would like to start doing meal replacement, but I loooove protein shakes so don't think I will feel deprived with it. My muscles are ALL sore, I have been doing my prenatal exercises as well as you tubing exercises for target areas like my abs, and butt and thighs because I have always hated my butt and thighs! And my husband gym addict helps me work extra on abs.

Amy, you get used to baby! I remember how hard it was with my first... This baby is my third, lol it becomes old hat.

Hey spud, I've seen you around quite a bit!

I don't think I could cut carbs either �� I try to exercise portion control and I might investigate wheat pasta soon. I cut out white bread and only eat wheat. I love dairy, and made the switch to 2% milk from whole which was hard.

I need to add in some cardio to my exercises which is why I'm leaning toward Cize! Double jogger soon to be purchased (found an awesome deal a couple hours away and hubs is going to pick it up for me next week while there on business) although squish is too little to ride yet.
I haven't done exercise today yet but going to as soon as I get baby girl down. My tougher DVD is skipping which really irritates me!! That's the one I went for yesterday.

Hey :hi:

This is baby number two for me I think that why I'm finding it difficult to shift this weight now, I've never tried the meal replacement shakes, I love food too much :rofl:

This is only my second week on plan, I've chosen healthy meals so far (one treat last week) we ate out at a restraunt, one thing I haven't given up is my glass of wine with my dinner on an evening, but I won't stress too much about that as once I start stressing I will fail all together x

I love my food, but mostly dinners lol! I love to cook and make good things to eat for my family. And I will cook my Sunday breakfasts and not feel bad about a snack before bed or a beer with dinner, no way. Because exactly, once you start depriving yourself of everything is like the kids of death...

Got my workout done, they are ten minute segments and I finished two plus most of a third before my little got upset. But I had a nice sweat going! And now I'm thinking of bundling them up and going for a walk in a little bit! Love this colder weather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->